Ranking
A clan board should be allowed to stay if it's being used for it's purpose. Butchering these clans is like butchering a family.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Oheyo, Urban brothers.
Emm, kinda, complicated situation goes right here. And that's a sad shit.
But, I've got something to write too.

All in all, in my opinion, deleting an old clan seems to me like digging out a root of an old tree. This doesn't really make a good sense to players, that were nurturing their clans. Pretty much intention and time was forced to make a really legendary clans. And now, you want to make clan system and TB better by deleting all these old non-active clans, that made pretty much for this game with interesting events, etc, etc, etc... And you think, that, to make clan system and TB better you should start with it? Huh? Really? If you want to dispose of these clans, you should offer something instead, like: board of and Old clans, where every dead or alive old clan could keep "living", just to retain oldish times of TB with its own thread and stuff.

Done.
[ORMO][TW][Ex-GM]
|RUSSUR|ABYSS|HACK|URBAN|DMND|
What's even the point of deleting clans in a game with probably less than 500 consistently active players? Most "big" players of this game haven't even really played it a lot in the first place (im talking people that had moderating/administrating positions like 2-5 years ago, and/or were active on forums), then how and why are you requiring consistent activity of people who already played the shit out of it at some point in time? Is your end goal to just continuously cycle through players keeping the game community as narrow as possible, so that everytime someone gets bored he just quits once and for all cos you wouldn't let him have a reason to be willing to get online every once in a while? Pretty sure people that did devote enough time into the game would mostly agree that the problem with activity comes not from organizing the forum boards(which is all you're doing by monitoring old clans, even if you're taking into account a lot of factors), its just that the game mechanics are old and the game is shit, playing this game any more is just a waste of time since you can't do anything new, get people that will work on the game instead of pointless forum moderating
if the game is just so flat out bad why are you trying to keep a clan made for this game alive

you have your ways of communicating outside of toribash, and definitely use it more anyway
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Its not bad because the idea is bad, it's bad because no one thinks of touching the game mechanics for the last 5 years and it has become stale. Now, i might be a little wrong here but i haven't noticed any significant changes almost since i started playing.

And no, im not trying to keep the clan alive. Or do anything, for that matter. In fact, as far as my feelings go, i give not more than two shits about the situation, i love all the people i got to meet being a nerd and playing this game, but i really wouldn't care any more or less than you would if they deleted this clan board. All im doing is saying that they're not adressing the problem of activity if that's what they wanna do, if not, then alright.
Last edited by leyz; Apr 20, 2015 at 12:59 PM.
Originally Posted by leyz View Post
no one thinks of touching the game mechanics for the last 5 years

This is literally the core issue.
Let's be real - this game isn't that great. In a 1v1 fighting game there's really no incentive to play competitively nor is that even encouraged. In fact nothing is encouraged at all, it's just like 'here's a game'. No wonder player retention is difficult.
Also the fact that the client is fucking awful - is it really that hard to rework the landing screen so we could see current events or something?

No one replied to my statement saying that irc cant be a measurement for activity of a toribash clan since its an external communication device. I'd like to see some reasons as to why this counts as activity.

Originally Posted by Fear View Post
This is literally the core issue.
Let's be real - this game isn't that great. In a 1v1 fighting game there's really no incentive to play competitively nor is that even encouraged.

oh god i remember having 150 games a day, until you hit the point where you've seen everything and it gets boring
Last edited by leilak; Apr 20, 2015 at 06:19 PM.
From what I have gathered the point of irc is to just idle. And if you chat its kind of like disturbing the peace.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
Originally Posted by leilak View Post
No one replied to my statement saying that irc cant be a measurement for activity of a toribash clan since its an external communication device. I'd like to see some reasons as to why this counts as activity.

irc has been counted because it is in direct correlation to toribash, and many clans and organizations use irc as a function to maintain activity, but this also means that you have to be in your own clan channel, not just idling in #toribash or #support. the reason it is counted over other 'external' communication measures is because it is the only one that can be accurately measured. all 3 forms of activity count in the same 1:1 ratio.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
irc has been counted because it is in direct correlation to toribash, and many clans and organizations use irc as a function to maintain activity, but this also means that you have to be in your own clan channel, not just idling in #toribash or #support. the reason it is counted over other 'external' communication measures is because it is the only one that can be accurately measured. all 3 forms of activity count in the same 1:1 ratio.

how many people in the active toribash community are actually using irc? I used it a couple years ago, frequenting a lot of different channels (including clans), but left because it was a ghost town. I can't imagine it being better nowadays and theres no reason for us to use it since skype is doing it so much better.

If you honestly think youre gonna accomplish anything with this then best of luck to you. I can't handle all this fedora anymore.
Last edited by leilak; Apr 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM.