Toribash
Originally Posted by ventoxiz View Post
Speed Etournies: max clients 11 (10 players and the host) quick mods and prize is just 1 st first place.

not sure if you were around but I hosted something similar a few days ago. Low maxclients, relatively quick mod. Ended up being ~20 minutes, guessing that's what you were going for?

I'll probably host strings of these more often in the future, so be on the lookout
Bumping this thing. Go nuts.

Keep in mind its busy time of year for everyone tho.
Last edited by Icky; Nov 13, 2017 at 11:04 PM.
i'm ingame pretty often and i hardly ever see ES ingame (except for when they get on to host), except for Blur. maybe it's timezones, but for a squad that's based around making the game itself enjoyable etc., it probably wouldn't hurt for you guys to be more active ingame.

i'd also like to see less etourneys and more different events - victories, chances and panics are things that i see very rarely nowadays, i felt that they kinda mixed up the bag and made things more interesting.

for forum events, i'd like to see better art and more interesting graphics in some cases (see: dead man walking), and for the love of god, please stop with those autoplay videos. i also think some things could be handled much better (see: rng in halloween hunt).

check out this thread: i understand that it's part of a series but being somebody who doesn't make replays, i've never entered one of these events - and the op just says "The twelfth iteration of Event Squad's "Opener Challenge"", it doesn't tell anyone what it is or what they need to do. rip new players and new entrants

just my 2 cents
Last edited by Surge_old2; Nov 13, 2017 at 11:23 PM.
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Bumping this thing. Go nuts.

Keep in mind its busy time of year for everyone tho.

Isn't it always?
At least according to people in staff that can't carry their weight.

Anyhow, this time of the year, with halloween and chirstmas being well-put together for some years now, it's fine to rely on pre-made event ideas but once the year changes, I'd like to see a set of events with current ES team's unique spin to it.

It doesn't have to be huge, but at least two interconnected, in some way, events, with specific gimmick and story (narrative parts might have been lacking a bit in a past year or two - at least I don't remember an event/set of events that would stay in my memory for a longer period of time) could prove successful or at least slightly more interesting than the usual.
retired
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
Isn't it always?
At least according to people in staff that can't carry their weight.

to an extent i also agree with this; if people can't carry their weight during school/work times (most of the time) then they shouldn't have the position at all (excluding things such as exams blah blah blah)
2, because i only see barely any es on, though its packed with people, But the people i do see in ES are pretty active and hosting.
Parrot
Uh... overall pretty good, really. Honestly I just want to see more creative events. I think the Dead Man Walking event was a step in the right direction, having odd requirements and providing an actual risk to a tournament, rather than just an entry fee or a display of prowess.

What I'd really like to see next is a large narrative crafted by the ES, because I'm gay and like game like D&D where plot and creativity actually matter unlike all these games you normies play.
I think I might be retired.
Ok, so I feel like recruiting is kept sort of reclusive. What do I mean by this?
Well, I know members who make a 4 sentence app that basically says "let me in" and they get recruited.
I also know some people that draw things like dicks, and vaginas on their crappy app and get accepted.
Yet the members that make a good application with good info, get denied.
I know of people that get denied for "immaturity" just by posting dumb things on wibbles, yet a dick on an app is ok.
Also, I do not want to hear "Well you do not want members saying racial slurs etc if they are gonna be in a staff position."
To that I say, just today, on a public server I saw 2 different staff members blurt out racial slurs...
I am keeping people nameless due to respect, but I am not just making things up by any means.
Basically, my biggest gripe is recruitment process.
So now for the things that I think Es is doing right.
E-tourneys are really good. They have gotten a lot better at sending prizes the following day.
As before you could be waiting up to a week for your rewards.
So those are my opinions. Hope I did not press anyone's buttons <3
Last edited by iPod; Nov 14, 2017 at 01:57 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Be Cool. Have Style.
4 sentence apps don't get accepted. If anything they get thrown out almost immediately.

Wibbles isn't looked at with a lot of relevance towards apps.

I don't recall any dicks or similar images on an app. That kind of thing is generally a joke and is never the main focus of an app.

Slurs are allowed in certain servers. That's been explained many times. So that's not important unless they happen where they aren't supposed too.

Also tldr if someone is leaking then let higherups know. (It's more likely that they're pulling your leg though)