ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
3d objects crashing laptop
I know, laptops aren't the best to use when gaming, but it's all I can get my hands on for now.
I have a jack-o-lantern that before using it I can play for more than 10 minutes. But when I have it on it crashes my laptop.
Is it cause the poly count is high on it? If so I'll just remove it till I get a better computer.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Just disable 3D items in options if they're causing problems on your machine. Doesn't matter if you remove yours, someone else playing in the same room would cause the same problem.

I doubt it's a poly issue, all items are pretty low in that regard, it's more likely to be a GPU VRAM issue or similar.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Just disable 3D items in options if they're causing problems on your machine. Doesn't matter if you remove yours, someone else playing in the same room would cause the same problem.

I doubt it's a poly issue, all items are pretty low in that regard, it's more likely to be a GPU VRAM issue or similar.

Well it's only when I use the jack-o item, I can wear the officer cap for example with no issue.
|Evil|
I don't exist
The officer cap was one of the first items, since then a lot of changes happened to how textures work and newer items take advantage of it. It's 50/50 on if an item will cause an issue if you have problems with them, entirely depends on how it was made.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
The officer cap was one of the first items, since then a lot of changes happened to how textures work and newer items take advantage of it. It's 50/50 on if an item will cause an issue if you have problems with them, entirely depends on how it was made.

I see, but I wouldn't understand it though, from demon wings, wizard hat, special staff items, longfall boots, I don't really crash from them, just the jack head. But for now I'll just entirely stay away from it or 3d objects in general. Closing thread since it had been answered as much as possible.
|Evil|
I don't exist