Ranking
Original Post
Why I think Toribash is dying
I believe that Toribash is dying because we aren't noob friendly enough. A enormous majority of players that I see in lobbies have been playing before 2015. This could indicate that newer players are not retaining their interest in the game. We should try to fix this by simply being more inclusive towards newer players and make learning curve of Toribash more geared towards newer player retaining their interest in the game. In my opinion, the learning curve of Toribash is not good because of the fact that new players will at first use fight school which; lets face it, is good at making a nice learning curve.

We could also make newer players stay longer by implementing a more in-depth progression system since the only form of progression (motivation to play the game) that we have currently are belts, QI, ranked (which no one plays), and TC. The belts are just a measure of how long you've been playing, QI lets you own items (a new player won't care), ranked is doesn't hold any value to them because no one plays it anyway, and a newer player doesn't know the full extent of what TC can be used to do and doesn't even know how to obtain it in meaningful amounts.

And then theres Toribash next which I hope will bring the concept of Toribash back to life. However, if the release of doesn't increase the player base in any meaningful way, than it would probably be due to the fact that no one knew about or cared about it's release except for Toribash players. In short, people have to know that it exists to play the damn game.

I think that these are points we should consider because i'm pretty sure that right now, Toribash is becoming one of those free to play games that people download, play for 10-150 minutes, (Check the reviews of TB on steam) and deleted never to be seen again by that person. We've all done it.
y e e t
I agree with this. The learning curve of TB is very long and hard. However, I've discovered a thread in the Beginner Sanctuary.
It pertains to teaching newer players. New players are welcome to post and ask for help from a teacher, and (from what I've seen) most of the time a teacher replies and helps them.
So that leaves the problem: How do we motivate new players to post on and use the forum?
Origin For Life
They could add text tutorials, images and videos about everything in the game, since how to clicking joints to creating new Mods, everything in the game client. If the game itself does not help new players understand who will do this?Also add links to the Beginner Sancturary ^ to make them ask for help if they need or want to

"How to play" button and a bunk of tutorials with videos, images and text
Undead
Yeah, I feel that even just adding the beginner sanctuary link might promote forum usage for new players.

The only thing I would recommend outside of tutorials and what not is having "puzzles" for people to solve.

I, myself, play chess. I've played for around 2 years. I play on lichess.org.
One of the primary factors in my chess skill progression has been the puzzles on the site.
There is a new daily puzzle every day.
Maybe adding "daily puzzles" taken from saves from matches of highly skilled players, and having the new players try to solve them would benefit them, eh?
Origin For Life
there are 2 importans points in this: how we get new players? and how we teach them how to use the fórum?
first: i think for the first question, we need more publicity, or making events of invite people (i mean, if someone start toribash and then to the new player we ask who showed this game, the player who presented the game gain 100 tc or something like that) so the actual player base Will sponsor by itself

second:How we teach the people to use the fórum, i think whit a boton in the menu wll be enought, or at least a good start point

OPEN

Please.. Now you've only stated what's wrong in Toribash. Would help alot if you could tell us ideas of how to actually improve Toribash instead of just telling us that it sucks.
[SIGPIC]https://i.imgur.com/mRlidMg.jpg[/SIGPIC]
While I may agree that Toribash is not the friendliest to newer players, I also feel there are many other reasons for the game dying. Since the creation to Toribash to now, the game has not changes so much, yeah the game is less glitchy maybe and works better all around, but it has pertained to stay the same game since it came out. I feel that a lot of older players are not around as much because they do not feel fun in it anymore. Some of the people still here are oldish players, from 2013-2015 and 2016. However, most players will not join because it is too hard to learn, not so much because how helpful we are to them. One thing I would suggest is that when you see a new player struggling to learn the game always offer to help, even if you are no good at it. If more people did this more people would stay of course.

I have not been around much latey, been back for 3 weeks after 6 months or so off, and well, even before I left for college. I have not seen someone below Brown belt, not see white to blue belts actively, for a long while. I feel the game is dying more because its age, a decent game by itself is given about 10 years of good life, Toribash had like 6-7 years of good life, and a website about 20 years. To be quite frank I feel it is less to do with how user friendly the game is to beginners and more to do with how few beginners there are.
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
While I may agree that Toribash is not the friendliest to newer players, I also feel there are many other reasons for the game dying. Since the creation to Toribash to now, the game has not changes so much, yeah the game is less glitchy maybe and works better all around, but it has pertained to stay the same game since it came out. I feel that a lot of older players are not around as much because they do not feel fun in it anymore. Some of the people still here are oldish players, from 2013-2015 and 2016. However, most players will not join because it is too hard to learn, not so much because how helpful we are to them. One thing I would suggest is that when you see a new player struggling to learn the game always offer to help, even if you are no good at it. If more people did this more people would stay of course.

I have not been around much latey, been back for 3 weeks after 6 months or so off, and well, even before I left for college. I have not seen someone below Brown belt, not see white to blue belts actively, for a long while. I feel the game is dying more because its age, a decent game by itself is given about 10 years of good life, Toribash had like 6-7 years of good life, and a website about 20 years. To be quite frank I feel it is less to do with how user friendly the game is to beginners and more to do with how few beginners there are.

Going along with that, I suppose Toribash Next will bring in some more beginners. We can only hope for that, I suppose.
Origin For Life