Toribash
Original Post
Facial Expressions (TORIBASH HEAD)
This is a minor suggestion meaning, it wouldn't be like game changing but, how about, facial expressions in toribash? Like, if you get in the head, the head changes to a angry head or a hurt expression. You would pay for the items, and you could make them look whatever picture you want them to look like when you get hit, so in a spar, there is a KO hit, the face changes to eyes closed, and all other details of the face can be changed to. It would be a small hit (ranging, 1000-5000), medium hit (ranging 5000-10000), and a big hit/ko hit (ranging 10000-whatever amount of points you get from the hit). There would be default expressions, or you could change them to be different. Sorry if its jumbled up, but if you see any flaws, feel free to post here, I'll try my best to fix them.

NEW IDEAS
The pricing of the textures would be
128 Facial Expressions 1,000TC each (4 total)
256 Facial Expressions 5,000TC each (4 total)
512 Facial Expressions 10,000TC each (4 total)

The size of the texture you buy has to match which texture your already wearing (If you're wearing 128 it will be 128, if you're wearing 512 it will be 512.)

Facial expression 1 (Victory Trigger) - Upon winning a match the Tori will switch to this facial expression for the remainder of the match.

Facial Expression 2 (Defeat/KO Trigger) - Upon Dq or end of the match with a loss the Tori will switch to this facial expression for the remainder of the match.

Facial Expression 3 (Damage Trigger) - Upon receiving X points in damage, Getting DM'ed, or Fractured the Tori will switch to this facial expression for 15 Frames.

Facial Expression 4 (Joy Trigger) - Upon dealing X points in damage, Giving a DM, or Fracturing the opponent the Tori will switch to this facial expression for 15 Frames.

Facial Expression 5 (Draw Trigger) - Upon getting a draw the Tori will switch to this facial expression for the rest of the match.

Pretty sure I forgot this in the first post even though it goes without saying, it can be like any part. It can be any body part, not just the head. Gets hit in the gut, makes a puking expression.
Last edited by calumfionn; Feb 1, 2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: New ideas
i suck
I agree with Tyze, I honestly didn't even think of its uses in edits.

Also calumfionn, I do not agree with making the facial expressions last longer than 10-15 frames or having the ability to edit the frame amount. Editing the frame amount on an item would be asking to much and won't happen. As for the frame amount you're underestimating how long 15 frames can be and if you think about REAL facial expressions they only last for a moment.

Now what you could do it categorize the facial expressions if you want.

Facial expression 1 (Victory Trigger) - Upon winning a match the Tori will switch to this facial expression for the remainder of the match.

Facial Expression 2 (Defeat/KO Trigger) - Upon Dq or end of the match with a loss the Tori will switch to this facial expression for the remainder of the match.

Facial Expression 3 (Damage Trigger) - Upon receiving X points in damage, Getting DM'ed, or Fractured the Tori will switch to this facial expression for 15 Frames.

Facial Expression 4 (Joy Trigger) - Upon dealing X points in damage, Giving a DM, or Fracturing the opponent the Tori will switch to this facial expression for 15 Frames.

Facial Expression 5 (Draw Trigger) - Upon getting a draw the Tori will switch to this facial expression for the rest of the match.
Last edited by Kohta; Feb 1, 2016 at 10:01 PM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Oh yeah, I remember seeing this in Wii and thinking it was a really neat idea. Will ask and see if it's something that we could get.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
K0HTA: I like it! There would be 4 expressions for the damage trigger, right? Yeah Ill add that to the first post.

Also hanz0: Sick! I hope it becomes a thing .
i suck
Why would there need to be 4? You're forgetting that we're not trying to boost the file size of each person's custom folder too much. A lot of people struggle already with just the regular textures, don't overload yourself. Besides the Texture artist of TB aren't gonna want to make that many damn variations of each head they make just to please someone. Stop asking for too much, if you get greedy you'll get nothing.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
Well originally he suggested only extra textures for hits e.e You proposed like a bajillion others.

If I were to pick between more hit textures or more win/lose textures, I'd pick hit textures.

Or, what you could do is 3 hit textures a win texture and a loss texture.
3 hit textures is too much imo, I'd be satisfied with a hit texture that shows when a certain amount of points is inflicted against you at once, or a decap. The decap would probably be the same as a loss if there's a name to tie them together.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Multiple hit triggers could cause a lot of problems though. There are a lot of hits that don't stop at one joint, but they end up hitting multiple joints for more then one turn do to the angle the hit came from. If you had multiple hit tigers then the facial expressions would start freaking out and overstepping each other and ruining the looks you were trying to get.
K0HTA: I wasnt even the one who came up with multiple hit triggers. Can you not be a hypocrite please? I get what your trying to say though.
i suck
Why are you getting mad and throwing out the hypocrite card, please don't vent at me for outlining your idea for you.

I'm just stating what I think would be a good system for this and possible problems that I see with your idea of it. I'm sorry if you don't like being told no, but thats the way public opinion works.

I don't see having multiple hit triggers for the same condition working. Unless you want to separate them by some variable.

I provided my variable in the form of different conditions, now if you don't like that then stop sitting there and getting mad at me because my idea doesn't fit your likings, just give me your idea with actual details and context, then we can move forward off of that. This is a "give and take" relationship my friend, not a "take and complain".

Note: In the future when you're dealing with someone in professional manner, like we're supposed to be using here, you don't revert to name calling when you don't like something. Simply state the facts and your general opinion about it without use of things like offensive language. The moment you start throwing names around the discussion becomes more emotion based and less fact/idea based. Please and thank you.
Last edited by Kohta; Feb 3, 2016 at 06:52 AM.
Wha.... he wasn't really even saying anything new.

This idea is a WIP, but, what if you could CHOOSE which body part goes with which texture? Like if you get hit in the groin it could make a pained face, then you get hit in the gut and it makes a puking face. It would be all the body parts, 128x128,256x256,512x512 all the sizes, and each body part is bought. Or it could just be in a set. There could be a set with this idea I just had, and then there could be the original idea which would be cheaper because the set comes with way more choice then just 4 choices decided by points alone. Any feedback on this idea?

He was literally telling you how this would (well, wouldn't) work.

He explained to you that the problem with that is if multiple joints/bodyparts are hit at the same time the head texture would freak out and be pretty buggy. No need to call him a hypocrite for having a clearer head than you do.