Toribash
Let's remember that we're in Discussion, so our posts have to contain arguments/points (rather than just 'I like/dislike this').
I think more competitiveness is what this game needs, after custom belt there is not really anything else to do but to play but now with a more effective ranking system it give incentive to want to keep playing after reaching custom belt. I don't know about everyone else but being a custom belt is boring. Hell even being a 10th dan is boring but I digress.

All in all, anything that pushes this game forward and gives a people a reason to stay is good for me. This game has been up sense 2006 and I want it to keep going.
Really at the core this method allows players to have fun, to lose at mods like lolnade3 and not be punished, to be able to spar without having to worry about rank, this new system judges on mods that matter and if you disagree with this you need to reconsider Toribash.
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
*The hero Toribash deserves arrives*

*Boom*

*Pow*

*Kablam*
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
but how it works to the inactivity on the top ranks?
[US]Ukestyle - Indonizer - OLDA
Dactylon is regenerating.....
Originally Posted by dactylon View Post
but how it works to the inactivity on the top ranks?

The monthly reset with an event for all of the top ranked players of that month, the winner of the event wins something. Monthly reset and the event were both hampa's idea.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
The next step is we should make the rooms where you can acquire rank ELO based instead of Qi based. Like 1600 to 1630 in one room, 1630-1660, and 1661+

We need at least a pseudo match making system where you have to play people of near equivalent skill. That's how you can cut farming down substantial.
Think it's a great step forward! I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the clan related proposals have spurred some motivation to improve the competitive aspects of Toribash but I could be completely wrong in that assumption. Either way, it's awesome news and I hope it may continue. There's plenty of improvements that could be made but this is definitely a promising development.
collect snots from the nose
Well there are going to be a lot of blue belts only facing blue belts in the ranked lobbys earning the ranks. I feel like ranks wont mean that you deserve that rank, although that's how it is now anyway. Guess ill wait to see how this works out.
Curious aren't you.
Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
Well there are going to be a lot of blue belts only facing blue belts in the ranked lobbys earning the ranks. I feel like ranks wont mean that you deserve that rank, although that's how it is now anyway. Guess ill wait to see how this works out.

that obviously isnt the case atm even. No blue belt is under 1k rank unless an alt.