ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by deady View Post
xD yes, yes he did send them. To Afghanistan, the place all of our troops should have been from the get go. But he also has a plan to leave and is really only cleaning up Bush's mess.

I guess I see your point about people overreacting, but on the same token I think that you are speaking from what you know of life. To say that it is paranoid to see racial overtones in the cartoon is a bit short sighted in my opinion. I am guessing you don't know what its like to have an entire histories worth of hatred directed at you simply because of your skin pigment, if you did you may be a little bit more sensitive and angry about the matter.

Don't pull that bullshit race card. Just because blacks were discriminated against doesn't mean everything is still always about them. I understand being touchy about genuine racism, but you should at least be realistic about what actually is and isn't racism.
Originally Posted by hidingwarior View Post
Don't pull that bullshit race card. Just because blacks were discriminated against doesn't mean everything is still always about them. I understand being touchy about genuine racism, but you should at least be realistic about what actually is and isn't racism.

I see your point. After all things like "reparations" are a fucking joke, let alone some aspects of affirmative action.

But again this go's back top my point that the damn cartoonist should have seen the racial undertones before sending this to print. Even if he personally didn't mean it that way, he should have known that Al Sharpton was going to shit bricks when he saw this.

Also it is important to note that the particular discrimination this reminds people of is murder, specifically being murdered by police officers. That is a bit different than not being allowed to ride in the front of a bus...plus it still happens.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.