ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Ted by Veoo (Robotic + Horror)
OK for a long time I've been done robotic and horror art so I thought: why not combine them!

Aswell as doing robotic/horror on the same texture, I am trying a new method to produce textures: using layers (I've never used layers before), creating my own color palette at the bottom before, and researching cool inspiring images to reference.

Essentially: Im trying to get better at art, because I feel like I hit a wall recently.

Here is what I've got so far (its basically just a placeholder for the first WIP, but feel free to CNC the basic layout.)

Texture.

Program (as seen in the ss^): Photoshop CS6
Hi veoo! nice idea
I think using layers is going to affect in a way your style and will probably look cleaner
At least from what I know working with layers is mostly for stuff like that
anime or some sort of cartoon for example (maybe) and also its going to be easier to edit stuff
I don't know much about colors (Im going to study the color theory thingy)
but the colors look good so far

I just dislike the way you did the sketch I mean you can do the sketch like that if you want to but its way to defined and doesn't let you go crazy
I dont know ift you get what I mean but I hope you doo
also yeah its a good idea to look for refences good job veooveoo

also I feel Like the mouth should be bigger
and probably should stretch it a lil bit
Last edited by Sthip; Aug 6, 2017 at 03:50 AM.
I tried creating this using a bunch of layers and it really sucked, and I didn't really understand how to use the layers to truly benefit it

I felt like it just made things detached and unblended, so I took them away. rip. ill probably open this later with a different texture, with a much more simple layer layout closed for now.

Thanks for the CNC though, Led <3