Toribash
Original Post
/[Texture] Eyes (Veoo)

Working on the style/quality of my eyes.

So I thought I'd share my practice.

Please give comments, so I know what to improve when I do the last three eyes.

Here is what I got (I did all three, trying to improve, I did #1 first and then #2 etc.)

Here

Program: Photoshop CS6
ooooh your shading style is really nice, though in 1 it looks flat and needs more contrasting colors, I really like 2, and 3 has some really nice colors for the iris
#3 is really nice except the pupil is much too bright, try giving #3 the pupil from #1.
Originally Posted by stringtheory View Post
ooooh your shading style is really nice, though in 1 it looks flat and needs more contrasting colors, I really like 2, and 3 has some really nice colors for the iris

Thank you man.

Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
#3 is really nice except the pupil is much too bright, try giving #3 the pupil from #1.

Not sure what you mean about the pupil, you know the pupil is the black dot in the center right?

the color part is called the iris

if u mean the pupil do you mean the reflection?

Thank you for the CNC though man
Im guessing he meant the iris, it is pretty bright, to the point where its unrealistic. The iris from the 1st eye is great, like really great, try doing something like that maybe
you're on thin ice, pal
Your shading is actually spot on, although you position and draw the eyebrows a bit weird I would suggest you outline the shape first then fill it in and then add in strands in a darker color, maybe try and add in some eyelashes aswell and keep the eyebrows a bit higher up. This might help

Something to help out

PS, love your art man :o
Originally Posted by Kunt View Post
Im guessing he meant the iris, it is pretty bright, to the point where its unrealistic. The iris from the 1st eye is great, like really great, try doing something like that maybe

dude thanks so much for writing my name in ur sig like 100x times

yeah I see that now! Was trying to make it look interesting... lost connection with realism. ill try to use a dimmer iris next time

Originally Posted by R0i View Post
Your shading is actually spot on, although you position and draw the eyebrows a bit weird I would suggest you outline the shape first then fill it in and then add in strands in a darker color, maybe try and add in some eyelashes aswell and keep the eyebrows a bit higher up. This might help

Something to help out

PS, love your art man :o

Thank you so much r0i :^)

its funny because a while back I was researching how to draw eyes and I saw that image... haven't really looked at it in depth though, Ill try to follow the anatomy of the eyebrow better next time, I felt like I mostly focused on the eye and just threw together an eye brow afterwards. I tried to do eyelashes by just doing a dark line with a little stuff on the left side of the eye so they look really short (and manly as fuck) but I missed the bottom eyelashes, Ill add them next time.

thank you man. helps out a lot

also love ur art too m dude
Just updating:

Im doing the last three eyes tomorrow

should I do the same thing with mouths and noses to break the wall I hit recently or try to improve?

or does this look annoying lol
Please keep doing so, try and do the same with things other than noses and mouthes, like hands and etc