ES Recruitment Drive
Gorman: Uhh, I'm not a fanboy of Dell, if anything I'm a fan of custom built computers, which includes PC's.
Anyone selling overpriced hardware is someone I don't like, including Dell, ReactorX and Apple.
Simply put I rank Dell over Apple because they overprice less than apple do, by a considerable amount, and weather you admit it or not I gave an example that showed it, and you gave an example that also showed my point, you just failed to understand hardware, apparently.
The only person coming off as a fanboy is you for supporting a company so blatantly over the top without stating anyone else that you'd offer as an alternative. On that note, what exactly is wrong with being a fan of something? If you must attack my position; compare apple to scan.co.uk and amazon.co.uk, whatever components you pick there will be better than anything apple will provide.
Last edited by Vox; Apr 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM.
haha.

I guess you choose to remove all context from this thread huh? Or did you miss the part where in every thread I recommend not getting a Mac or an Alienware or an i7 or 16gb of ram or a velociraptor or a 580 or anything overpriced in any way.

I can make your words say whatever I want too, if I were to take them out of context.
eg; " we will say the mac is £200 cheaper and 35% better" gg?!?
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Vox View Post
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
Now, I should write a rant on why you should make a custom PC instead of buying a DELL.

Feel free to, also I'd love to see one about building a custom PC, if you want any help finding good parts for examples just ask, or if you can't be bothered say here and I'll do that my self.

Nah, you go ahead, I'm not that ecstatic about making a rant.
do it, you said you were going to :P

also the "build your own PC" has been a major topic in this forum which doesn't need to be stated though considering there's a nifty little chart which explains better than most people could which parts to buy for levels of custom computers and uses.

it has been posted several times by gorman i believe
You don't say?
ok ok, however you worded it you should do it because you said that you should and not try to pass it off to someone else
You don't say?
This is ridiculous. Apple seems to be pulling an Alienware on us (they do the same with their price markups).
Besides, for a gaming computer I wouldn't touch a Mac with a 10 foot barge pole. The only thing i'd use a Mac for is Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc. if I didn't have a faster windows computer with the same software on it.
Last edited by 4zb41; Apr 23, 2011 at 08:31 AM.