Toribash
Wouldnt fit on 1151, get a 20$ cpu fan like the artic freezer 13 or ekl ben nevis. you get the stock cooler anyway if you buy the boxed version of the cpu, but I dont like it because its cooling power is shite.
Last edited by Mongius; Nov 29, 2015 at 10:13 AM.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Alright, so I went ahead and got the PSU. As I start to get more money flowing in I'll start to work on the other parts of my build. This will be my build most likely, when I'm finished with everything. The GPU may change depending on what the 960 TI does to the market, but for now this is what I'm going with I think.

Next step for me is going to be getting the Mobo and the CPU at the same time so I can actually use my mobo. Then after that, I'll look around more for GPUs.

Thanks so much for the help Mongius.
Last edited by NotShadow; Dec 1, 2015 at 10:16 AM.
There is zero reason to go Z170 if your CPU can't overclock, downgrade to B150. There is no such thing as "future proof" in IT. You will just replace your CPU and Mobo once they get to weak. Also I'd buy everything from one vendor (newegg or amazon) for a better overview (RMA and stuff). Also the aftermarket CPU cooler is missing, you will thank me later for telling you to buy one.

For peripherals, do you actually own them or plan on buying these?

@Zen read the thread.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
I already own the monitor, the peripherals, the HDD, the RAM, and the case. Also the power supply, as of last night.

I added a B150 board to the list, Hopefully this is better.

And @ZEN, I plan on using it for gaming.
Last edited by NotShadow; Dec 1, 2015 at 04:33 PM.
I added a B150 board to the list, Hopefully this is better.

Well, its not "better" but the motherboard is the last thing that matters in any form (except for using kilotons of extention cards, HDD's etc.), it just saves you 20 bucks that you can spend on different things
don't you think that CPU is a little overkill?

No, its perfect. He wants to use this PC for a long time and not swap it out after a year. Pay cheap and you pay twice. Quality over quantity.
Last edited by Mongius; Dec 1, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
I did some more research and it looks like B150 boards are more for business use, why would I go for one of those instead of a consumer grade one like the Z150?
You've been reading some bullshit. The only difference between B, H and Z boards is the amout of CPU phases (the little heatsinks next to the socket), Sata Ports (usually 6 on B-Boards, 8 on H and 8+ on Z) and USB 3 ports (B-Boards usually have 1-2 Usb 2.0 slots while H and Z are 3.0 only). These are the only things that matter in board choice (Avoid H110 on any cost they are crap since the value/$ is terrible). Other than that, everything else is up to the manufacturer like spamming up to 20 Sata ports (AsRock likes to do this with their extreme 6/7/8 series), up to 10 fan headers or metal plates for the PCIe slots (MSI/Gigabyte) or just giving you many useless extentions like a digital front i/o.

To break it down :
Z170 = made for overclocking and many many extentions
H170 = the same as Z170 but without overclocking
B150 = Covers all the needs for gaming, 1-2 less slots but shouldn't really affect you
H110 = Crap, this is something you would advice your grandma to use (usually only 2 RAMslots, 4Sata ports, one PCIe slot and thats it), you cram these into office computers

As you can see in my sig, I use a H87 board. A B85 would've been enough too, but i needed these 2 PCI slots on it to run my soundcard for amplifying my 2.1 sound system and the PCI wifi adapter (much stronger than usb wifi adapters). I don't use any dvd drives and only 2HDD's, there are 4 sata ports left to fill and the case provides enough usb slots to plug in an external HDD, my phone, mouse/keyboard, and a ps2 controller, while I still got 4 free ports. The B150 is really all you need
Last edited by Mongius; Dec 2, 2015 at 04:01 PM.
That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. My PSU should come in the mail tomorrow, from there it's all about getting enough money to make this happen.
Originally Posted by NotShadow View Post
That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. My PSU should come in the mail tomorrow, from there it's all about getting enough money to make this happen.

Damn that is a nice build! Just wondering, do you plan on getting an SSD as well? Also I question the choice of case... but then I again, I'm very picky about cases haha.
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
Damn that is a nice build! Just wondering, do you plan on getting an SSD as well? Also I question the choice of case... but then I again, I'm very picky about cases haha.

I already have the case, I've had it for about a year now because I got it really cheap. I'm thinking of getting an SSD, but it is low on the priority list. All I need now is the mobo, the CPU, and the GPU.