Toribash
I would like to join. Uhm pretty good at Judo and Aikidio. just made this account not long ago because I only got back into toribash a few weeks ago. made like two brown belts and a blue belt
Originally Posted by kazzii View Post
I would like to join. Uhm pretty good at Judo and Aikidio. just made this account not long ago because I only got back into toribash a few weeks ago. made like two brown belts and a blue belt

Only your Aikido experience will do any good for you, what toribash calls judo is a joke.
-----
I am still working on lesson plans, all of you will be admitted as soon as I have a decent sketch of what and how I'm going to teach beginners (I know that advanced classes will involve a lot of momentum control and sparring, not so much basics). Like I said I was a little busy, therefore I did not have any time to work on Toribash in the past 2 days (I just came back home at 3 AM, -5 Timezone and I needed some sleep) so I'll get working on this stuff now.
Last edited by Rad619619; Jun 26, 2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Master Rad!
Hey Master Rad! It's me Simexy. You kicked my ass a couple times in-game.. ( D: it was 10-0 for you.. >.< ) but yeah. I'm happy that you're making a school. May I please join so I can be as good as you?? :3

I do rouge fighting where I can kick ass. ?
-----
also I made you a logo

URL: http://tinypic.com/r/2m85r3o/7
Last edited by Simexy; Jun 26, 2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
RSFSoT Vegas Punch.rpl
RSFSoT-UFC CaporeiaBeheading at 500.rpl

I was just messing around in the mod, it's the morning and my friends might play with me in the afternoon. Here's some of my precision (this was done in the mod settings exactly as they are) and a nice neck fracture at that 300. Again, I'll have some PvP replays later today or in a couple days.

And no, I don't fight all holds (althought it might look like that). I usually keep my core held when I'm not using it though, because as I already stated I have a heavy focus on precision. I don't want to wobble side to side when aiming for the neck
Last edited by Rad619619; Jun 26, 2011 at 08:38 PM.
What you could do is use your chest for momentum. A relaxed shoulder tends to find its' mark, or raise then hold.
-----
Especially with the turn frames set to 5; you've got time to maneuver.
Last edited by Alaistier; Jun 27, 2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I would like to apply as a student. As far as a Toribash career goes, I play aikido often, I love wushu (although I improv everytime. Sometimes works out, sometimes it doesn't) I am currently improving my skills in smooth movements through freerunning and sparring in -30 gravity. I mainly play Singleplayer, but I am on Multiplayer quite often.
|Ex-VorteX Moderator|Gravitation|<3 Wushu |
Long live VorteX in memory
Nice org idea, but you might want a catchier name.
Anyway, good luck, this could totally be something.
Pretty cool, I like the idea of -32.00 gravity. I'm not sure about 500 dmthreshold, but you're aiming to be realistic. This organization reminds me of some sort of all around sparring. It's sparring but more widespread, rather than just running at each other and so on.

good luck, congrats, etc.
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
Pretty cool, I like the idea of -32.00 gravity. I'm not sure about 500 dmthreshold, but you're aiming to be realistic. This organization reminds me of some sort of all around sparring. It's sparring but more widespread, rather than just running at each other and so on.

good luck, congrats, etc.

The 500 dismem is actually quite necessary, and I have a replay of my decap at 500 through a submission-type hold (Judo-like, utilizes a focus point and applies downard pull on both sides of it like a scale) so decaps and dismems ARE possible but really difficult
-----
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
Rad, I'm actually curious about helping out somehow.
What do you need to see?

I don't really need to SEE anything (about 1.5 years of Toribash experience, if not more), but this thing as gotten quite some popularity before it even started. It would be great if I could get some teachers (you sound like you would know how to work things) so if you'd just share some of your expertise I'd gladly make you a teacher.
-----
Originally Posted by lolpants View Post
I would like to apply as a student. As far as a Toribash career goes, I play aikido often, I love wushu (although I improv everytime. Sometimes works out, sometimes it doesn't) I am currently improving my skills in smooth movements through freerunning and sparring in -30 gravity. I mainly play Singleplayer, but I am on Multiplayer quite often.

Exactly what I need. I try to focus on eliminating all kinds of openers (you can't really 'open' on 300 distance and 5 turns) and our mod most closely resembles Aikido out of all the official mods. If you play Wushu and have decent improv I'm sure with a little work you could transfer those skills to realistic settings as well, since wushu focuses a lot on balance and precision.
-----
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
What you could do is use your chest for momentum. A relaxed shoulder tends to find its' mark, or raise then hold.
-----
Especially with the turn frames set to 5; you've got time to maneuver.

I think I generated enough momentum on that straight punch, wouldn't you say? ;P I don't think I could get a 500-dismem decap from a standing position with that little outside momentum factoring in. MAYBE with a running start, lmao.
Last edited by Rad619619; Jun 27, 2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump