ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Bring Back HOTM
Is this a suggestion?

Not sure if it classifies but we need HOTM (also, its like the only thing that keeps me here (( )
What if realism in hotm is not allowed and all artists must make cartoon heads only? That means its all about creativity not about the realism... Btw this maybe a dumb idea becuz im literally typing what pops in my mind without thinking through....but if someone actually supports this idea then ill be surprised
THIS COMMUNITY DIDN'T WISH ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY :(
we basically judged based on three equal criteria: Creativity, how well it was drawn, and how well it fit the theme. There just happened a lot of the time to be a correlation between creativity and how well it was drawn.

I don't believe there was a bias against cartoon either, it just didn't work out that they won very often.

We stopped doing it because it totally died. Participation peaked around htotm II and by the end there were 4-5 people participating. You can't really justify the event if nobody seems to care.
My opinion on the event is the it was very good for the art community. A simple point to counter argue the more skilled artist always win and realism mattered is that Calamity didn't win ever month.

The biggest reason the event ended up dying off was not great artists dying off, it was simply put the people running the event. A bunch of uncreative people running an event about creativity, the themes were for the most part bland. I personally tried my hand at the first 2 months then the themes got boring an uncreative.

I believe the best way to bring back this event is to put the best Tb artists in charge of the event, by doing this those popular artists won't be able to participate thus fixing the problem where people wouldn't join because they thought they would lose. 2nd with the best artists in charge the themes will be more broad and creative. Finally by doing this the event could teach newer artists because the best artist in TB can critic artwork posted and easily give pointers to those that lost.

This would make the event 10 times better and get rid of the current problems, while also making the event fun to join and educational.

If you need more problem solving just PM me
Last edited by Submerge; May 30, 2017 at 01:43 AM.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
My opinion on the event is the it was very good for the art community. A simple point to counter argue the more skilled artist always win and realism mattered is that Calamity didn't win ever month.

The biggest reason the event ended up dying off was not great artists dying off, it was simply put the people running the event. A bunch of uncreative people running an event about creativity, the themes were for the most part bland. I personally tried my hand at the first 2 months then the themes got boring an uncreative.

I believe the best way to bring back this event is to put the best Tb artists in charge of the event, by doing this those popular artists won't be able to participate thus fixing the problem where people wouldn't join because they thought they would lose. 2nd with the best artists in charge the themes will be more broad and creative. Finally by doing this the event could teach newer artists because the best artist in TB can critic artwork posted and easily give pointers to those that lost.

This would make the event 10 times better and get rid of the current problems, while also making the event fun to join and educational.

If you need more problem solving just PM me

I agree! wee need to have artist contests!!!!

its very important for the community

but why would u take out the best artists?

are they not the best competition?
Ok. What if externalize the voting process and go to a site based on likes, like fnding a random art comunity board and make a post and ask people to vote.
We can also externalize from the es team. Make our own event. Maybe they can pitch in with prize or some help here and there.
Here there is somewhat fixed oppinion on how a head should be and aboit mapping and realism and proportion. Not all art is about that
-----
I made 3 heads for this competition i wouldent have made otherwise.
One got second place and it was the worst and simpleat of them. I liked the other 2 way better.
And over the events i saw some heads that i rlly liked made by other people. For example at the space theme, second place seems much more intresting and creative the the space owl that won. It's a great head, don't get me wrong, but it was not as creative and unique
Last edited by Insanity; May 30, 2017 at 08:42 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Two contests

You can only enter one

One will have lets say 100k tc + 5 shiai tokens
the other would have 25k + 2 shiai tokens

Better artists who are confident in their skill will do the first one, not as good artists will do the second contest.
Originally Posted by taaaaco View Post
Two contests

You can only enter one

Better artists who are confident in their skill will do the first one, not as good artists will do the second contest.

Sorry haven't checked this in a while...

this sounds like a great idea

1 thread just make people say wether they're entering in contest 1 or 2

any ES people willing to look at this or comment on why or why not taco's (wounder/tbash)'s idea will work?
An interesting art competition or theme could be art made in mspaint only? That would give beginning artists a avantage maybe?
Originally Posted by taaaaco View Post
Two contests

You can only enter one

there are so many problems with this

- what if a beginner artist is overconfident and joins the 1st one?
- what if a good artist doesn't think he's good enough and joins the 2nd one?
- what if a good artist knows he can abuse the 2nd one because not as great artists join there?

tl;dr: you really can't measure out an artist's skill
Originally Posted by Chab View Post
there are so many problems with this

- what if a beginner artist is overconfident and joins the 1st one?
- what if a good artist doesn't think he's good enough and joins the 2nd one?
- what if a good artist knows he can abuse the 2nd one because not as great artists join there?

tl;dr: you really can't measure out an artist's skill

do you have a better idea or are you just gonna shit on wounders idea.

hes not trying to measure an artists skill

also if an overconfident artist joins the 1st one its there own fault

also heres is a way to cut out the last problem:

artists who have won the HOTM previously can only join the 1st art competition (before it was change to this) so they can't just abuse the second 1