Ranking
What I'm frustrated about is the developers aren't active and they don't give a fuck anymore I understand there's not much to improve in toribash but why don't they atleast try? Toribash is something extraordinary there is absolutely no game similar to it which is why developers shouldn't give up they made something unique and amazing and they just suddenly shit on it and hire strangers to moderate the game for them
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
It starts dying from like 2012 just because old players leave the game faster than new players come and stay.

This recent price change (burn in hell, sir) did affect the game a lot. I believe, those who did this, only thought that its done for new players to afford more items.

in regards to this,as i have seen more threads about it saying
that no one requested it or that there was no discussion about it,
i requested it:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=575043

and as i like to point to others,your marketeer fun has nothing to do
with the game,the community or the fun of the community,in my
eyes anyone that complains about prices getting more logical is just
a greedy dude that doesn't care about the overall community,only
cares about himself and his profit.
Thor is a bit correct with his statement bout the sudden drop of item's prices but yeah I still want to play TB and i want it to be popular again :3 so that i can have new more friends :P
I do simple Arts and oh I accept head requests anime and cartoonish style only🤘🏻
I don't think there is anything wrong with the price drops at all, okay I understand that its inconvenient for players that have invested a large sum of TC in to 3D items and such.
But you need to be able to widen your perspective a little bit here.
First of all, the prices weren't just high, the USD/TC ratio was completely skewed across all items, and the prices weren't set as a whole, just item to item pricings.
Also think about just the sheer amount of games you have to play to be able to afford anything. If you start out as a white belt it will take you a very long time to get any sort of 3D items if you have no game experience.
I remember when I started out, I got to 2nd dan black belt just by playing public games, and all I were able to afford after 2k games was marine/aqua force/relax and a head texture 128x128.

If you take other games like rocket league, or counterstrike, items gets shoved down your throat basically compared to what it does in toribash,
Buying your first 3D item, if that item costs 10-20k thats basically hundreds of games you have to play before you are able to afford one single item
thats just insanity, and its bad for business as well, seeing as cosmetics is a huge part of toribash, and if getting nice items is only for the elite this is a problem in the quest of getting a bigger playerbase.

And yes, you can sell textures, enter events, marketeer and so on to get tc quicker I know, but that stuff is secondary to the game,
playing the game itself should be enough to be able to afford customizing your character to something you are satisfied with, not every player wants to soak hundreds of hours in to this game, but still wants the ability to access a basic game function which is customization.

Remember that you guys hanging on the forums and marketeering only represent a really small fraction of the playerbase, and you also represent the fraction that have spent the most time and energy in to the game as well.

As far as the developers go, how long after a game release do you expect the developers to be active and around? forever? I'm very satisfied with what Hampa have done for toribash, and the fact that this forum is so active and alive 10 years after toribash is released is just fantastic.
Hampa is still around, hes not updating the game that often anymore, but cmon give him some credit here, he has been around for a looong time and he still pops by now and then.

And yes I think Toribashes most active days are behind us, but still, enjoy the game, enjoy the forum and have fun.
Last edited by Ezeth; Feb 19, 2017 at 01:57 PM.
Originally Posted by Moop View Post
Are you suggesting that all staff are devs who have the power/technical knowledge to improve the game? Also what would these improvements look like that you're after? The 'more than 2 players fighting' suggestion you made isn't feasible, it's already been tried. I can't exactly remember why but I think it was something to do with the less-than-perfect way toribash was coded (questions on this directed to skulfuk because I don't really know what I'm talking about here)

But anyway, you can't knock the item forgers for being more active than the devs

I bolded the crucial thing ~Icky

More than 2 player fights are not possible, just because of how the ghosts would become too random. This is what Hampa told me. Also, the dev team should get their asses down to work? From what I've read, devs are not doing jack shit and almost every single one of them have forgotten the game exists.
There's a small group of players still active on the forums. At least it seems like the staff is doing their best to keep the players that are still here around.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
If they unban 'bad' words they'd retain more people.
Last edited by Ele; Feb 25, 2017 at 05:43 AM.
Originally Posted by Jere
From what I've read, devs are not doing jack shit and almost every single one of them have forgotten the game exists.

You consider wrong people do be devs.
There's only one game client developer and one forum developer, both don't work full time.
When wibbles was made the amount of activity increased so you could say it grew.
As of now no, like all games activity declines slowly untill something changes bringing people back.
I be that fan for siscon, lolicon, any form of pixlepussy I can pooled my dick out and skeet on it buakky on they face