ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Remove mandatory CnC rule in Art board
The rule that posts in the art board must offer CnC is silly.

It's narrowing the kinds of reactions that people are allowed to post in response to the art. Sometimes people just wanna say 'Woah, that's sick dude, keep it up'. They don't wanna go into some deep critical analysis of the art. From the perspective of the artist, we don't need a review from everybody, we just wanna see how people respond to our art.

Unfortunately, in the name of 'quality' posts, threads in the board don't get many replies, if any. Not many people wanna post their response to the art because of this restrictive rule.

I know I'm not the only one who neglects posting in the Art board cus of this.
Originally Posted by Kirito
draw my old acc senpai1!!1!

Synx

I think it would be a cool trial to get back into drawing :d

Originally Posted by Kirito
dank man

can i be your proofreader? will take me about an hour to proofread all your current stories n shit

i read like 4 pages a minute.

Originally Posted by Sunther
Why not just make multiple recolors? Also if you sere to sell this id probs go 200k no matter what they say id offer 200k
-----
Also pls finish this and sell it cus i wanna get mah hands on this (not sure if im buying yet)
-----
And btw i like the third one best

Originally Posted by Sunther
Somehow this might be the onky cartoon/anime head i like its ery well done

Guess for name:Sam

Some of the awful posts that you guys were infracted for in a short time period, resulting in a ban.
Suo did not remove any rules from the thread, he changed one instance of "fixed" to "improved".
Again, there is no rule requiring CnC, only that you explain why you like/dislike a particular artist's work.
This board is for CnC, not exposure. If your objective isn't improvement, take your videos to Entertainment & Media.

refers to video editors not just ignoring comments, but shitting on them. The rule was added for a reason, and is listed specifically under the "Video Rules" respectively.

@Bodhisattva: Have you ever even read the rules?
Posts along the lines of "Nice head!" and "Thank you"s following them are useless posts. Explain your opinion on things and how things can be improved, or why(s) to your compliments.

No one would touch your example post, see the above posts. You can see infractions, we aren't deleting posts like that and think it's funny that you think so.
Last edited by TyZi; Jun 18, 2017 at 09:11 PM.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

@Tyzi

I was infracted a few months ago for this post

Originally Posted by Moop
The greatest balloon-related feat ever attempted by a toribashian

Well done dear friend

My infraction notification said:

Originally Posted by Arctic
this post doesn't contain cnc. next time, try to explain why you like his art.

read the rules

So yes, people do get infracted not for including CnC

I know you think this kind of post is classed as 'awful', but our point is that the makers of such art like these posts, and the whole point of the forum is to be an enjoyable environment for the game's players. If you think posts like this do deserve to be infracted then you're taking your role way too seriously and have severely lost touch with why the majority of people want to share their art.

If I had made reference to liking a certain colour he used then my post wouldn't have been too different from Bodhisattva's example that you find so funny.

On a side-note, could you try and be a bit less condescending?
Last edited by Moop; Jun 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
You could take away the CnC part of that message and still keep the infraction. Posts like that deserve to be infracted based on the rules of the other boards, not because I "take my role too seriously." or whatever reassurance you need.

I'm not Arctic, all I ask is for you to talk about the OP, and explain. If you need compliments like "dank man" to keep making artwork, I have no words.

Wibbles is a great place for you to get your "this is good!" fix.

What are your guys' opinions on posts like
Originally Posted by Chab View Post
thanks mate, ofc i put a lot of effort into these :-)

in response to "I LIKE THIS"
Last edited by TyZi; Jun 19, 2017 at 12:32 AM.

I would say the "I like this" is very borderline, and the thanks was unnecessary.

But then as an author to the thread what are you going to be replying to?
I'd say get your paws off the infract button. Also, it's silly to argue about the existence of the rule when you have people being infracted for it and CnC is specifically stated as the reason for the infraction. "Posts must be constructive and put forward input" = "Posts require CnC", at least in the eyes of your fellow mods TyZi.

Anyway, clearly nobody likes the current level of enforcement. It's actually scaring people away from posting there, so some action does need to be taken. Let's try turning it back into a place that people wanna visit.

Suo suggested earlier that thread authors could have control over whether or not they demand CnC. As Moop said, a lot of artists are happy to receive non-critical feedback. Since there are already tags in Art, I think it would be fine if people could just indicate in the OP whether they demand CnC from posters.
Last edited by Ele; Jun 19, 2017 at 06:55 AM.
I guess my main point here is that there's no harm in posts like those, if it makes the poster of the art feel good and want to share more, who are you to say they 'deserve' to be infracted?

This isn't some professional art forum for seasoned vets to hone their craft, it's a subforum of a small community where (mostly young) people just want to share what they've done and see if others like it. Maybe you only want constructive input on your art but this isn't about what you want. If the majority of people who post in art agree with us then it would be pretty arrogant to brush them all off as idiots you have no words for.

What's the big difference between what I said and the example bod gave that you thought was so laughable? It was in response to someone who made a balloon parrot while riding a unicycle, not exactly something where I can pick out my favourite part and say that I liked how the red brought out the green blah blah

When it comes to 'thanks' posts, eh, they act mainly as bumps but I personally have no problem with them.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
Instead of getting rid of the rule, re-word it so my fellow mods don't misunderstand

We should let people in Off-Topic decide whether people need to explain their answers to questions, too, right?

We should make every rule optional.

Originally Posted by Moop View Post
I guess my main point here is that there's no harm in posts like those, if it makes the poster of the art feel good and want to share more, who are you to say they 'deserve' to be infracted?

This isn't some professional art forum for seasoned vets to hone their craft, it's a subforum of a small community where (mostly young) people just want to share what they've done and see if others like it. Maybe you only want constructive input on your art but this isn't about what you want. If the majority of people who post in art agree with us then it would be pretty arrogant to brush them all off as idiots you have no words for.

What's the big difference between what I said and the example bod gave that you thought was so laughable? It was in response to someone who made a balloon parrot while riding a unicycle, not exactly something where I can pick out my favourite part and say that I liked how the red brought out the green blah blah

When it comes to 'thanks' posts, eh, they act mainly as bumps but I personally have no problem with them.

Then maybe we really should be looking at a solution like this:
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Alternatively, let people use the tag [CnC] for threads where the current CnC rule would be strictly enforced and reduce it to the above leniency or perhaps even below for other threads to allow the OP to decide what level of feedback they desire. I have to wonder how that would affect thread health, so some level of minimum quality will probably still need to be enforced.

Where if people want strict enforcement of what the CnC rule currently seems to be, they can request it in the thread title, otherwise the much more lenient "Please at least talk about the artwork just enough that your post makes more sense in this thread than in a random thread in Off-Topic" can take precedence.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
Instead of getting rid of the rule, re-word it so my fellow mods don't misunderstand

We should make every rule optional.

You're being purposely obtuse. This semantic 'misunderstanding' doesn't matter when the end result (people being scared away from the board due to overmoderation) is the same.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Anyway, clearly nobody likes the current level of enforcement. It's actually scaring people away from posting there, so some action does need to be taken.

That's the issue.

I'm in agreement with Suo that we should let the thread authors determine this - If they want this strict enforcement they can request it.
Tyzi is against this change because he gets a sense of power when he infracts people for making posts that don't keep up with the art board's over-moderated standards.

Authors are just going to get discouraged if they get little to no replies due to people not wanting to scan their posts to make sure they aren't going to get infracted for posting them. I can guarantee that there would be a lot more posts if there was an option for a " "CnC" tag as suo suggested, and I'm positive most people that post art in the art board would make it so you don't need CnC in your posts, because CnC is constructive criticism, and a lot of people tend to criticize art while not giving anything to build on, which is counter productive for the artist, as well as discouraging.
you're on thin ice, pal