Ranking
the real question is how was god made to create us
i watch people shower cause why not thats what girls do :o
This is more of an origin question IMO, because knowing why we are here is linked to knowing how we got here. If you look at nature on Earth, every living thing has its "niche" or place where they seemingly are meant to be in the cycle of life. Humans do not have this niche. No other known species builds up, they live in nature and hunt. It makes you wonder if humans really belong on this planet.

Knowing why we are here might be as simple as something putting us here. A far advanced race in ancient times could have found this planet and made us to be put here. Hell, an almighty God could have thought us into existence, but we will never know for sure unless it comes down and tells us.

Scientists are able to make clones in labs, such as sheep, mice, even humans. If one is to clone a living thing, and this living thing has conscience thoughts, what is its purpose? Could it be satisfied with the fact it was made as an experiment in a lab, or can it have a God? Would the scientist be its "God" since it is the creator?

With any conclusion, yes we know there are billions of people who live and die, and among space earth is but a spec of dust, but isn't that a reason to be happy? You know that there is nothing you can do to fuck any of that up, so do what you want in life and make your own purpose.
Veni , Vidi , Vici
Originally Posted by Xao0 View Post
the real question is how was god made to create us

Their is a lot of religious explanations but I feel like religion is dead and their is no god

Its pretty fucking obvious that the bible is incorrect and the universe didnt start 2000 years ago, so why do people still even believe in god?

just my opinion
"Religion is dead" could you explain what you mean by this? Take a look at this chart from 2005 and tell me if it is. There are obviously going to be changes compared to now, so take it with a grain of salt.

Could you also explain the specific parts of the Bible that are incorrect? Seems just a tad bit negligent to make such a baseless, yet huge accusation.

To answer your question about how people still believe in God, it's almost all about being raised a certain way and/or experiencing an event which draws you to believe that God is real, or you feel the need to believe in Him. People still believe in God because they believe he is real and they feel a connection of love, peace, and happiness in Him, as do I.

Even though Christianity is on the decline in the U.S., there is still an abundance of people who people believe in God.

To answer the question as to why we are alive: We are alive to chase our desires and leave our mark on the world. Our purpose is to make a difference, hopefully for the better good.
Last edited by eloa; Mar 7, 2017 at 10:43 PM.
ya'll some confused souls.
If you really think there is a reason for YOU to be alive, is it the same as for all the others ?
You are discussing things you are unsure about. And you are getting into different opinions, so what is the lesson learned ?
Everybody has a different journey in this lifetime. Find out your own reason or kill yourself.
And please close this thread lol.
Enjoint life
The reason we are alive and the meaning of life I feel can be considered the same thing, so rather than rambling on about religion, I think the answer is perfectly summed up by this reddit post.

-""Meaning" is something that words have. Life is a word, but it's also a thing. Asking the "meaning" of life is like asking the "meaning" of a chair. The meaning of a chair is to be a chair. The meaning of life is to be life. Therefore, it's not that there is no inherent meaning -- there is nothing but inherent meaning, because everything that life is, is the fulfillment of its meaning. We can't discern a meaning because there is no particular meaning, not because there is no meaning."

Do not waste your time thinking on it more than that, you will only become depressed.
My way or no way, totalatarian.
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post

Its pretty fucking obvious that the bible is incorrect and the universe didnt start 2000 years ago

what happened with the b.C thing? Its funny cuz most of people use it, and at the same time they dont believe in god.

I never saw anything in bible that said the Universe started 2000 years ago.

Other than that, you decide why you're alive. You can believe in god, or in science, or whatever. The way you choose that will tell you why you're alive.
Factory. Sometimes sleeping.
Random chance.
-----
BC is now BCE and AD is now CE
Last edited by Flow; Mar 16, 2017 at 04:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by eloa View Post
"Religion is dead" could you explain what you mean by this? Take a look at this chart from 2005 and tell me if it is. There are obviously going to be changes compared to now, so take it with a grain of salt.

Could you also explain the specific parts of the Bible that are incorrect? Seems just a tad bit negligent to make such a baseless, yet huge accusation.

To answer your question about how people still believe in God, it's almost all about being raised a certain way and/or experiencing an event which draws you to believe that God is real, or you feel the need to believe in Him. People still believe in God because they believe he is real and they feel a connection of love, peace, and happiness in Him, as do I.

Even though Christianity is on the decline in the U.S., there is still an abundance of people who people believe in God.

To answer the question as to why we are alive: We are alive to chase our desires and leave our mark on the world. Our purpose is to make a difference, hopefully for the better good.

I looked into it and you're right, it never says 2000 years, that was just the birth of Christ (Im a dumbass)

"Seth lived 912 years. 5:8
Enos lived 905 years. 5:11
Cainan lived 910 years. 5:14
Mahalaleel lived 895 years. 5:17
Jared lived 962 years. 5:20"

This seems unlikely.

(Source:http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html)

As well as that the bible goes on to state how God created man in 6 days, yet we know now that (I guess you can argue that it isn't for certain) scientifically we evolved from apes.

Also I never once said that religion is dead, its very prominent and I would like it to stay prominent because I feel that it has a great effect on people and makes the world a better place. I'm just arguing that the bible, upon review, is clearly incorrect which puts the hole bible at steak as being a sort of impeached witness.

On the other hand this guy dismisses my whole argument like this (lol):

"Look for a mistake in the Word of God, and you will make one."
—Ray Comfort
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
I looked into it and you're right, it never says 2000 years, that was just the birth of Christ (Im a dumbass)

"Seth lived 912 years. 5:8
Enos lived 905 years. 5:11
Cainan lived 910 years. 5:14
Mahalaleel lived 895 years. 5:17
Jared lived 962 years. 5:20"

This seems unlikely.

(Source:http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html)

As well as that the bible goes on to state how God created man in 6 days, yet we know now that (I guess you can argue that it isn't for certain) scientifically we evolved from apes.

Also I never once said that religion is dead, its very prominent and I would like it to stay prominent because I feel that it has a great effect on people and makes the world a better place. I'm just arguing that the bible, upon review, is clearly incorrect which puts the hole bible at steak as being a sort of impeached witness.

On the other hand this guy dismisses my whole argument like this (lol):

"Look for a mistake in the Word of God, and you will make one."
—Ray Comfort

Although personally Im agnostic, I feel youre overlooking what many christians believe; that the bible is not literal in its stories and teachings, creating the world in 6 days is the most commonly used example for this - what is a day to god?
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.