ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL]Rollerblading Adventure

Introduction

First of all, Special Thanks to blkk for the model of the skates. This mod improves on his rollerblade jousting by allowing you to control your direction freely through the use of a balance system and "motorized" wheels. The front wheels control your speed whereas the back wheels provide balance and an improvised braking system if you want to stop.

I've decided to release each mod as an adventure series (like scenario sparring and freerunning adventure) since it helps me line up my thoughts for each mod.

Features

-Balance System which is similar to the one in Real Skateboarding

-Motorized Skates which are front-wheel driven

-Body Adjustments which allow maximum control and grip on the skates

Level Descriptions

Level 1: "Back to the Future"

You are on your way to your new crew's hideout when you acquire a new set of motorized skates. Get used to your new skates as you travel down the final alleyway to your first day on the scene.

Hint: This alleyway is pretty simple to cross. Practise balancing and switching stances on your new skates (you'll need these skills later)

Level 2: "Training Day"

You manage to make it to the hideout, where your leader has a course set up for you. Listen and follow his instructions to secure your role in the crew.

"Welcome to the hideout, newbie. I've set up this short trial to test 3 skills that you will need to survive."

Basic Jump: "There is a low fence to test this skill. The only thing you need to know is that to maintain balance, it is wise to jump with both feet and crouch in the air as you are airborne. The rest should be obvious.

Wall Climb: "While most losers are still climbing walls with their hands and feet, we have our skates to help with the same task. Your motorized skates allow you to ascend the wall easier if you place the wheels on the wall and use your arms to propel you forward.

Wall Ride: "This is more of an advanced technique but I think you can handle it. Ride along the rusty red billboard to cross the gap. There is a overhanging pole if you are unable to clear it using your skates only."

Hint: If you're having trouble, feel free to request a replay which shows how to do it.
Attached Files
RAOne.tbm (4.3 KB, 299 views)
RATwo.tbm (4.3 KB, 212 views)
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

You most certainly do.

Also, here is a completion of level 2 replay for your benefit.
Attached Files
RATwoComplete.rpl (139.8 KB, 87 views)

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Here is me in 1...yeah, I suk

Too bad you can't make the wheels change direction
Attached Files
air gear test 3.rpl (217.8 KB, 32 views)
Can you upload it to the mod database coz it needs to be up there for me to get it =D

I'm the chicken.
M 'n' M factory!
Not on this game anymore.
FINALY ! Ive been waiting for a rollerblading mod where you can do tricks but wheres all the rails ? You should make a concrete park that has quarter pipes and rails next time .
Yeah, quarter pipes and rails will be released later on (Remember, it's a storyline)

Yo check this out , first try and managed to do a grab trick off the jump with a slick landing . This is a very easy mod to play , if you like the skatboarding then your going to love this !
Attached Files
Rollerblade grab.rpl (228.8 KB, 53 views)