Toribash
Original Post
Proofreading a computer build
My PC broke after 8 years, getting a new one - here is the current list of parts, is there anything unnecessary or not up to scratch that you guys can see?:

Case SHARKOON SHARK ZONE C10 MINI-ITX GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel Corei5 Quad Core Processor i5-7600 (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS H110I-PLUS: Mini-ITX, LG1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 8GB Kingston DUAL DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 4GB AMD RADEON RX 460 - HDMI, DP, DVI - DX 12
1st Hard Disk 2TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling PCS FrostFlow 120 Series High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN PORT + Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi excluded on H110I-PLUS)
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language
DVD Recovery Media Windows 10 (64-bit) Home DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft Office 365
Anti-Virus BullGuard Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Keyboard & Mouse LOGITECH K120 USB KEYBOARD
Mouse LOGITECH OPTICAL USB MOUSE

I plan on using it for both uni work and games, it adds up to 800 with VAT which I see as acceptable if I plan on keeping it for a while and I think most the parts should age well.

Im most concerned about whether the motherboard is up to scratch and I dont think I need the liquid cooling but its there as the cooling option I would take, would like that confirmed too. Cheers
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
motherboard is fine id go for the rx 470 or 480 though theyre only a lil bit more expensive
You might wanna look into this. Besides lower power consumption I don't really see a single reason why you would want to go with i5-7600 when there are cheaper and much more viable options, such as i5-6600K.

Can't really comment on GPU, not a fan of AMD.

Water cooling is fine although for such build you could easily get away with traditional heat sink and save few pounds.

Everything else seems fine to me. One thing you might wanna add is an SSD, even if it's the cheapest one, just to install Windows on it.
Ill have to check, but I think of I get the 6600K i might have to up the input power which would add some money (more than I saved) what is the real risk of overclocking and how likely is that risk to occurr in my situation?

Thanks for the help!
-----
Also @surge Ill have a look at possibly getting the better graphics card, but I think the 460 is good enough for me
Last edited by SmallBowl; Mar 7, 2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The main risk of overclocking is always temperature. However, as long as you have a good cooler, which is pretty much any cooler that costs over £20, you are good to go.
Basically as long as you keep a watch on your temperatures and make sure that CPU temperature doesn't hop over 55-60C you should have nothing to worry about.
Also overclocking is not something you should be too concerned about at the moment as even without overclocking both i5-6600K and i5-7600 can handle any current game with no struggles.

About the input power, power supplies aren't that expensive so getting something like 400W instead of 350W shouldn't make a big difference in your budget.

Overall from what I can see i5-7600 would only be superior in case you get no graphics card as it has better onboard graphics so even paying those few extra pounds for better PSU should pay off
Last edited by Smaguris; Mar 7, 2017 at 03:50 PM.
You can't overclock on H110, that would require a Z170 or Z270 Chipset.
That CPU is quite overkill for your GPU, tone it down to a 6500 (lower baseclock but basicly the same CPU but cheaper and better price/performance ratio, maybe 1-2 fps decrease), ditch the water cooler for an Arctic Freezer 11 LP (awesome small 20$ cooler) and upgrade your GPU to a cheap RX 470, which is roughly 140$ (about 40% stronger than the 460)
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Changed processor to i5-7500
Graphics card NVidia GeForce 1050 Ti
Sacked off the water cooling because im not overclocking and I want it to be moveable
Gone with a SSD just for Windows
Power 450W (should be plenty)
400W is also enough if you want to squeeze that money a bit.
1050 ti is fine, but 470 is still stronger in all titles for about the same money.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
If you're taking 450W PSU u might as well grab the i5-6600K? I mean I really don't see what would drive you to i5-7500 unless there is something I'm not aware of.
Your build is looking good. I'm happy to see you knocked out the water cooling. I don't understand your obsession with the 7th gen CPUs, I'm sure you could find a good deal on an equivalent 6th gen CPU and matching motherboard. I just find it odd how you're going for a budget build and purchasing the newest tech. You could then buy DDR3 RAM which will be a bit cheaper. Make sure you don't skimp on the PSU, have you decided on a brand of 400w PSU? If it's super cheap, there's a chance it will blow up and take other components with it. Also, what's with the case? I didn't look too hard but putting a water cooler in there could have been a challenge. Have you measured whether the 1050ti will fit in there?