Ranking
Original Post
Suddenly locked into very low FPS
hey friendos!

Well my problem is that for some reason when i have started toribash tonight the fps will never go above 8-10 fps.

Now i have a laptop with 16 gb ram, windows 10, nvidia 840m geforce
so it has the sack to pin TB at an almost constant 60 FPS which it has been doing except for tonight! anyonne else have this problem? its unplayable at 8 FPS

I have restarted my comp several times as well as the program itself to no avail. resource manager is showing nothing unusual hogging resources... so i really am stumped! nothing in my settings in-game or on my cpu itself has changed. and i am sure that the game is running using the card and not integrated graphics, im sure its not an overheating issue HELP MEH
Are there updated drivers for your card? or for any other driver for the equipment you have? one time my network adapter needed an update and I was getting 10 fps
good idea, ill try looking in my device manager and checking.

ill report back
-----
so i checked all my cpu drivers, graphics cards, wifi adaptor, audio etc and there were a few i needed to update so after the updates i restarted my cpu and i still had the very low fps of 8-10

i uninstalled toribash, cleaned the registry, then downloaded it again fresh but still no luck when running game on max graphics and effects

I thought maybe the game was running with the integrated graphics but i checked and my default is my nvidia and i even forced a start of the game selecting the card as well and still was met with terrible fps,

in the meantime i set every graphics setting on minimum and now am able to get a measly 30 fps, playable but obviously not that pretty.

so im stumped again! this hasnt ever been an issue and the problem is just with this game!
Last edited by Ambrogino; Feb 25, 2016 at 07:39 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by killerxd2 View Post
/opt fixedframerate 60

this worked!! yayyyy hd TB again, thank you all very much for the suggestions, this game has a great user community
Last edited by Ambrogino; Mar 1, 2016 at 03:55 AM. Reason: closure