Ranking
Original Post
HS ingame colour change
So I logged on to the game for the first time in a while, and the first thing I saw was the HS ingame colour.

This orange is so similar to admin that there is no question about these two groups being eventually confused. It just looks red, any person who has ever seen game staff with coloured names is gonna think these people are admins.

You should just make em the old gm trial colour, it's pretty distinct (iirc legend ingame colour is quite different from this + the crown) from basically any other color. If this doesn't fit why not just make them grey? Grey is gonna stand out amongst the blue text and it's going to be their actual colour on the forums.
h
Yes i "discussed" this briefly with you ingame, and I cant help but agree with the pissname idea.
I actually checked the staff list the first time i saw the HS color ingame.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real human from Event Squad! Send your applications to me <3

I'd have to agree, it's hard to discern which is which, it would be really easy to change the color too. They could try a light blue or pink as well, since they are available.
What is your screen contrast exactly? It doesn't look red even the slightest, its distinct orange.. Anyways we already discussed that before making it a colour, and we came to the conclusion that it will always look like something, there aren't enough colours to make it unique yet reasonable.

If you think grey name would be a good idea when 100% of background is usually white, you should really think that through one more time.

In conclusion I don't see how could you mix up distinct HS orange with admin red, they look nothing alike.
-----
I totally forgot to also include that we got question mark near our names, which should ultimately be a good distinction that we are not admins in case you happen to be colour blind
Last edited by Smaguris; May 5, 2017 at 09:25 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
What is your screen contrast exactly? It doesn't look red even the slightest, its distinct orange.. Anyways we already discussed that before making it a colour, and we came to the conclusion that it will always look like something, there aren't enough colours to make it unique yet reasonable.

If you think grey name would be a good idea when 100% of background is usually white, you should really think that through one more time.

In conclusion I don't see how could you mix up distinct HS orange with admin red, they look nothing alike.
-----
I totally forgot to also include that we got question mark near our names, which should ultimately be a good distinction that we are not admins in case you happen to be colour blind

It does look red, small, not bold orange text when you don't have tb on fullscreen is gonna look like red

It's not about this game's admin red, it's about admin red in general. Anyone who has ever played a game where staff had different colors in chat is going to think that the guy with your color is higher staff.

I did not notice the question mark, might have been me being blind or maybe butler was in spec at the time. Still, a newcoming person is not going to see a question mark and think "These guys definitely aren't admins"
h
The question mark only shows while we are entered and next to our name in the queue, doesn't show next to our names in chat.
We did go through a lot of discussion in terms of the color before making the final decision. Every other available color is too similar to admins/other staff groups, therefore making orange the only color available.
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
ms are red ingame as they're a higher staffgroup on the same(?) level as Smods
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real human from Event Squad! Send your applications to me <3