ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Random freezing/crashing
Recently I started missing "frames" here and there, Then I'd randomly crash at times. After a few days of that, I then started freezing then recovering to be Pinged out of the server.

It crashes most of the time right before the menu comes up, Load game, menu starts appearing then crashes.
Other times I'll have just sent a message and it'll crash but just playing it wont crash.

As of right now, I've tried driver updates and downgrades, running older versions of TB 4.95 5.12 5.22 5.32 5.42 and current beta (5.43?) All but 4.95 have the same issue. Crash on load randomly crash when sending a message and constant freezing/lockups causing missing frames and pings.

I've verified game files changed versions tried "Game booster" razer Cortex to release ram, Ran as admin, Ran in compat mode for Win 7

Tried native 4k 1080p in menu native 1080p tried all graphics settings and effects settings Fullscreen windowed doesn't matter what I try it end up doing the same thing.

Most of the time I can't get through one round without a lockup or crash.

Crash as in to desktop freeze as in not responding without giving option of waiting/closing program Lockup as in just the game stopping for 5-20 seconds at a time.

Pc 6700k 4.1Ghz stable
1070 sc
16gigs ram
---
Also ran Malwarebytes and (I forget the name) Antivirus software, All clean. Running Much more hardware intensive games are all fine, Stuff like Beam.NG drive which hammers CPU runs perfectly fine. And Metro Exodus on Ultra 4k so Don't think it's hardware related.
Last edited by Kirakat; Jul 8, 2019 at 12:26 AM.
Hi, can you please upload a crash dump file (.mdmp extension) you get right after the crash + stderr.txt so we can look further into it?
For sure, This is from the Steam version, 5 dumps from 3 days

---
The dump files are returning invalid from the forum upload system, I'll upload em elsewhere.
-
Not sure if this worked or not, Don't usually upload stuff. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L0...VtvrMc-U1fjwjy
---
I was playing for a few hours, Perfectly fine. Then I saved a few move memory settings/moves, And started Freezing and pinging again. Where are the files for move memory? I already know where the script itself is but are the saves located elsewhere?
--
Did some more experimenting and it seems it has something to do with saving move memory openers.
Verify game cache, Play for an hour or so, Go SP and remake MM openers, Go into public and crash within the first 3 rounds, relog and crash again almost instantly.- Afterwards reverify and No issues with crashing/freezing.
Attached Files
stderr.txt (1.2 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by Kirakat; Jul 10, 2019 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Found possible cause
Bump Because edits also added 3 new dumps from today, Stderr came back with Bump mapping and ambient occlusion error.
Last edited by Kirakat; Jul 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM.
There look to be some issues with crash dumps on Steam version, just letting you know that we're still looking into it. We updated beta for Windows on July 12th but it's not guaranteed to 100% solve the issue you're having.