Ranking
Original Post
More Efficient Post Preview
Forum current Preview Post post tool is really exhausting and stressful, in my opinion. I never got really bothered about that though, until I started doing some more complex posts, which is the reason why I think posting tools definitely should be updated. If I were to list all stuff that have been really upsetting me, probably the first things that would come to my mind are extremely polluted texts after using too many BBCodes and such, the whole thing gets really really messy and you usually will struggle to find a specific word/sentence/paragraph. Not only that, also when your post has a lot of BBCodes it won't be amazing to press "Preview Post", refresh the page and scroll down to see the thing, maybe find out something went wrong, and make the process all over again.

Despite this, forum always worked fine. I'm around for almost 4 years and, for the time being, a big update with big changes in forum never was necessary, and still isn't. Anyways, I see no reason to not make some minor changes that would make using it more healthy and easy.

I also don't want this to be implemented for sure nor right now, but I want to have some feedback in this opinion and at least to be noticed by staffs so I can know if that's possible to implement, even if only in a distant future.

Now that I pointed everything, here are some suggestions I stole from other forum that I think would be really helpful:

auto preview/while posting preview

At least for the basic stuff like in the video, Bold, Italic and Underline should definitely be automatic in my opinion. Those are used often and there's no need to have to spot every single [B], [I] or [U] throughout your post

this can apply to a lot of stuff actually

this little guy wouldn't hurt anyone too, yknow?

Idea I think isn't impossible is making a single letter with more than one color or something. I have to admit this hardly will happen but Ishi has it on his name.
If this sounds debatable, this idea was mainly because of this thread. I think this would be fun and would open gates to more creativity in an aesthetic way.

As well because of this thread, but many of you probably have already noticed, some colors just are not visible in the text, a shading (?) or a thin outline effect should be possible too.

That's all so far, I'll be updating OP if this idea goes any further and more suggestion come out.

* To avoid possible lagging and bugs, this feature should be added as a optional tool, of course. Something like a check box changing the Preview Post format should do it.
Last edited by Lionet; Aug 17, 2018 at 07:50 PM.
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can already do that partially if you activate enhanced interface from the user control panel. It basically hides the bb code and shows you the result. Hower it's not exactly what you are asking.

Even if it's not essential, I support your suggestion but I'm worried it would increase forum lag and bugs, so making it an activable option would be better.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
You can already do that partially if you activate enhanced interface from the user control panel. It basically hides the bb code and shows you the result. Hower it's not exactly what you are asking.

Even if it's not essential, I support your suggestion but I'm worried it would increase forum lag and bugs, so making it an activable option would be better.

I forgot to add that, I thought about the lag as well.

A check box would do it fine

Thank you :-O
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]