ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Which is better?
Boston
8 Votes / 50.00%
Coldplay
8 Votes / 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I don't see how you can compare these two. Their musical styles are very different. While were at it lets compare Iron maiden and Fall Out Boy.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
This is apples to oranges, how can you even compare them?

Next comparison:

Slayer vs. Creed. GOGOGO!
These two bands are totally different. Boston used the first actual distortion pedals. Coldplay is a crap band, and can never live up to Boston's legendary music.

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
Coldplay.
They pretty much have their own genre.
Well, at least nobody does that genre as well as them.
And Chris Martin has a great voice.

Boston have only one song I have ever really heard of, which is actually good.
Plus they are old, and old shit gets boring real fast, get with the times, yo.
Plus they occupy that niche that almost every old rock band seems to fill... yawn, get original.

Your new shit has already gotten old. Get over it. Tell your new bands to stop being douchebags. Boston's old singer had a better voice.

Original? Are you serious? They have influenced so many damn rock bands that we have today it's not even funny. They have their own original rock style, so don't you ever say that again when you mention one of the greatest rock bands in history, especially when it's being compared to Coldplay. Back then, Boston was the new rock. Now, Coldplay is the generic shit. If you can't interpret the basic fact that Boston has their own sound in rock, then you have no right being on this thread.

STOP COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES FOR GOD'S SAKE.
Last edited by Drummer; Mar 14, 2009 at 07:29 PM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
These two bands are totally different. Boston used the first actual distortion pedals. Coldplay is a crap band, and can never live up to Boston's legendary music.

Your new shit has already gotten old. Get over it. Tell your new bands to stop being douchebags. Boston's old singer had a better voice.

Original? Are you serious? They have influenced so many damn rock bands that we have today it's not even funny. They have their own original rock style, so don't you ever say that again when you mention one of the greatest rock bands in history, especially when it's being compared to Coldplay. Back then, Boston was the new rock. Now, Coldplay is the generic shit. If you can't interpret the basic fact that Boston has their own sound in rock, then you have no right being on this thread.

STOP COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Cry some moar about my opinion, thx.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Cry some moar about my opinion, thx.

Crying? No, I would like to call it, 'Totally owning your ignorant opinion to where you have nothing else useful to say'.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Crying? No, I would like to call it, 'Totally owning your ignorant opinion to where you have nothing else useful to say'.

By saying that you are proving that you are in fact ignorant.

An opinion on something as trivial as music cannot really be ignorant, as it is based upon what one believes, and not on "facts".
Good luck finding meaningful facts or statistics about music.
If someone cannot take someone elses opinion on music without raging at it, then they are pretty pathetic to be honest.
It's like an "I'm right because I can write a long paragraph of shit that happens to be really angry, which contradicts what you are saying" argument.

Oh, wait, there might be one good statistic.
Look up how rich Chris Martin is, that's quite a good indication of success.
Oh, and so is playing in the Live 8 concert in London. Let's be honest here, London's gig was the main concert in the show amiright.

Can you seriously not stomach that I like Coldplay a lot more than that other band?
Maybe you shouldn't be in a lighthearted thread like this one.
lrn2calm.

And that is all I will say, flame me if you want. It's quite probable seeing as you seem to take things very seriously.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg

Oh yeah you totally owned his opinion with your not at all ignorant ways.

ps: I'm lying.
:D
Can you seriously not stomach that I like Coldplay a lot more than that other band?
Maybe you shouldn't be in a lighthearted thread like this one.
lrn2calm.

And that is all I will say, flame me if you want. It's quite probable seeing as you seem to take things very seriously.

Sorry if I was being so angry-like. But what riled me up was when you mentioned for Boston to get original. Come on dude, they came out in the early 70s, that's when the heavy rock was really just starting. Back then, they were pretty dang original.
1976 is not the early seventies. Anyways, boston and coldplay have sold similar amounts of albums. Wikipedia cites both as having sold 50 million. Anyways, this thread is nonsensical as coldplay and boston are entirely different. Boston was a pinoneer of rock, while coldplay is coldplay.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well