Ranking
Original Post
Super Moderator Recruitment Drive
SUPER MODERATOR RECRUITMENT
Shamelessly stolen, again.

PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IN THIS THREAD, SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO ANY
ADMIN OR SUPER MODERATOR ALIKE FOUND HERE.

~~~

What is a Super Moderator?

The Super Moderators are a group of global mods that specialize in the general regulation of the forums and solving most forum reports, and are a major part of staff discussion. While not directly expected to deal with in-game related incidents, scam/tc related incidents, or clan related incidents as these cases generally belong to the GM team, Market Squad and Clan Moderators respectively, they have the ability/power to help in these situations. Super Moderators have special forum powers as well as in-game admin, and are easily distinguishable by their bold, blue names. Super Moderators and all staff alike are required to devote a decent chunk of time out of their days to tend to their duties and other work, and these staff positions are voluntary, please be aware of this before applying.

What will be expected of you?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there are several duties that Super Moderators are expected to take care of. As basic forum regulators, they handle most of the reports, including general reports, but tend to leave scam reports to the market squad, in-game related reports to the gamemasters, and clan-related reports to the clan mods though they are allowed and encouraged to take care of or take part in any of the prior mentioned cases. They are expected to take part in staff discussion and make sure that the forum is kept in order. While they are global moderators of the entire forums, they are not required to notice and handle every possible rule break by watching the forums constantly; this is what the report function is for. This has been said earlier, but please realize that these duties can take a large amount of time out of anyone's day, the job itself can be stressful at any given time, and the job is entirely voluntary.

How to apply?

If you've read through the thread and are still interested in becoming a Super Moderator, feel free to send your application to any current ADMIN or SUPER MODERATOR, the list of current staff can be found HERE; alternatively, click the "View Toribash Staff" button at the bottom of the forum index. It is encouraged to include your GMT as well as the languages that you speak. If you are unsure of how to go about making an application, this is a nice guide made by Dargon, a former staff member. There is no required format or experience before applying, feel free to show us that you have got what it takes. If you have applied very recently (as in the past month or so), there is no need to make another application for this drive. Refrain from applying unless you are willing and able to commit a decent chunk of time to the position. Applications are always open, but generally have lower acceptance rates outside of these drives.

We are currently interested in recruiting a number of new Super Moderators, and recruitment will be closed 2 weeks after the original post. Please do not be shy if you are not already in a staff role below Super Moderator, we are looking for anyone and everyone who is interested.

~~~

Feel free to ask any questions, they will be answered by any of the current staff that are involved with/are currently super moderators.
Last edited by Faint; Jan 23, 2016 at 08:15 AM.
Originally Posted by JuicyTin View Post
Does one have to be active on IRC aswell? And how many hours (depending on if toribash forum's are busy) does an smod sacrifice averagely?

i can't answer your first question too well but as for the second one you must be willing to 'sacrifice' a pretty large chunk of time. i suggest to not apply if you're often quite busy.

tl;dr
there's no direct amount of time but be willing to give up on whatever you're doing and help.
if you're on the forum enough to care about having smod, you'll probably be active enough with the normal amount of time you'd be here anyway.

also no smod does not require activity on irc but it is preferred
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Is there any type of notification that the application didn't make the cut? Or is it just if no notification within a few weeks mean it didn't make it?

b0ss

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
It'd be similar to how GM/MSquad manage their threads. They probably post on thread with names and or that applications are closed, etc.

Doubt they notify you personally if you don't make the cut.
Originally Posted by Deuteria View Post
It'd be similar to how GM/MSquad manage their threads. They probably post on thread with names and or that applications are closed, etc.

Doubt they notify you personally if you don't make the cut.

Yeah probably. Was just wonderin'. Thanks for the info.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
What if we become smod and realize there's too much in the real world to help out the forums, can you just pm someone to back out?
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
What if we become smod and realize there's too much in the real world to help out the forums, can you just pm someone to back out?

As is any job within Toribash, if real life comes up and you can't volunteer your time anymore, it's best you just be honest. It's not like you'll be banned or get 50 lashes. Things happen. If it's a concern before you've even applied that might be a red flag. But this is a volunteer job, and everyone appreciates the time you do put in for the good of others.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
will kitfox be teaching who ever gets in the ropes?
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
will kitfox be teaching who ever gets in the ropes?

upon receiving smod all new recruits will have a personal 30 minute mumble session with kitfox

The cake is a lie.
~Tinerr
Last edited by Tinerr; Jan 21, 2016 at 02:38 AM.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
upon receiving smod all new recruits will have a personal 30 minute mumble session with kitfox

A p...pe...personal 30 minutes with kk...ki..kitfox. 1 on 1?
you'er getting me hot man
wish that info was in the op thx anyway
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”