ES Recruitment Drive
Go to sleep? Naaahhh, let's draw something.

Seriously now... great job there.
The looking is hypnotizing. Like ico0n said: the eye details are superb. The shading looks very good also.
In a overall: awesome job.

(oh boy... i'm so not gonna post my drawing after this (not done yet though))

Keep rolling.
underground shelter with windows of a sunny day
always ~
dengue: I know man, I was really upset on that whole thing. Was too far in it to go back and fix it. Before I really noticed, I had already shaded half of the hair and my erasers pretty much shit on a stick.

I have another picture of her in mind that I want to draw now. A Christmas(y) look to it. I will also give her a body in the next photo.

I said I'd do it, and I did it right after the other picture!
I really loved this one. I can't say what I don't like about it. And I have to say, if I get comments like that on all my photo's I will make them even faster!

Christmas in the air!

And please, if you haven't already, follow me on my deviantart!! I could really use some followers to get my name out there ;)

PPS: Thank you everyone who commented! Sorry if I didn't get back to you! I replied only to ones I saw that commented on what was messed up!
<3Hayz
I don't own a carbon pencil. I own a charcoal pencil.
I wouldn't use it either way, I don't want realistic drawings. I like cartoon style drawings.
Originally Posted by Hacks View Post
dengue: I know man, I was really upset on that whole thing. Was too far in it to go back and fix it. Before I really noticed, I had already shaded half of the hair and my erasers pretty much shit on a stick.

I said I'd do it, and I did it right after the other picture!
I really loved this one. I can't say what I don't like about it. And I have to say, if I get comments like that on all my photo's I will make them even faster!

Christmas in the air!

And please, if you haven't already, follow me on my deviantart!! I could really use some followers to get my name out there ;)

PPS: Thank you everyone who commented! Sorry if I didn't get back to you! I replied only to ones I saw that commented on what was messed up!
<3Hayz

I jizzed
That's seriously sexy.
The details are absolutely astonishing, I mean the body is just awesome.
The long hair is really great, the outfit as well.
You should seriously start to make some characters and start to do some serious work.
Maybe your talent can make you earn some serious cash.
Not every one can drawn like that,you have a serious opportunity here!
Great work once again.
Do you really think you're in control
Nah man, anime/manga isn't really a realism thing. I mean you can do it, but it's not my style. Thanks for the advise though! I might use it in some scenery pictures!

But it can be, the style is already based of comic realism already, charcoal pencils provide better contrast, which you need, and when used with a putty eraser, make for interesting shading and lighting schemes.
generally consider using softer pencils, a softer one would make for better outlines and better contrast.
either way, you need to move away from using an HB pencil. your colours and contrast are way too soft

I don't own a carbon pencil. I own a charcoal pencil.
I wouldn't use it either way, I don't want realistic drawings. I like cartoon style drawings.

carbon and charcoal pencils are the same thing.
however, charcoal pencils and regular pencils are not the same thing.
not wanting realistic pieces or wanting to stick to "cartoon" style stuff is just silly. theres nothing wrong with improving and learning, cartoons/manga work applies many more techniques than what you are using, and moving to charcoal and ink would actually be a step in the right direction to improve your current style.

overall, your linework is good, which is the most important part in manga stuff. your proportions and shaping of certain pieces seems well off though.
are you tracing existing pieces? it looks like it, your lack of technique shows your lack of experience, but the composition/arrangement of the characters says otherwise. your work contradicts itself.
Last edited by BenDover; Jul 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
The last few seem like traces from Hayate the Combat Butler. They look great though!

Ben is definitely right in the long run. Trying out other styles will increase your compositional skills and make your anime/manga drawings much more creative and mature. However, if you're still uncomfortable drawing without hard tracing, then the next step might be to try tracing by eye. The best thing to do is draw without tracing, but that requires an investment in anatomy.
(>^_^)>
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
But it can be, the style is already based of comic realism already, charcoal pencils provide better contrast, which you need, and when used with a putty eraser, make for interesting shading and lighting schemes.
generally consider using softer pencils, a softer one would make for better outlines and better contrast.
either way, you need to move away from using an HB pencil. your colours and contrast are way too soft

carbon and charcoal pencils are the same thing.
however, charcoal pencils and regular pencils are not the same thing.
not wanting realistic pieces or wanting to stick to "cartoon" style stuff is just silly. theres nothing wrong with improving and learning, cartoons/manga work applies many more techniques than what you are using, and moving to charcoal and ink would actually be a step in the right direction to improve your current style.

overall, your linework is good, which is the most important part in manga stuff. your proportions and shaping of certain pieces seems well off though.
are you tracing existing pieces? it looks like it, your lack of technique shows your lack of experience, but the composition/arrangement of the characters says otherwise. your work contradicts itself.

Thank you for the comment! I was waiting for something like this!
I might try out and use a charcoal pencil. If it will help expand what I already know. I really don't like the idea of it though, I'm not sure if I could erase what I shade, and I'm not exactly sure how to even use them. I'll have to look it up or something. I'm actually curious on seeing what I can use.
And no, I didn't trace them from existing pieces, the first photo I made was based off a 'somewhat-famous' piece, but I didn't trace it. I have never traced a drawing, but I have looked at some and put it on paper. But I will really work on my technique on what I draw! I want to become better; and I know I really have a lack of experience, I haven't been seriously drawing for all that long. I started sitting down on my drawings and actually trying my hardest for about one and a half years. I just recently read up on shading my drawings and also watching video's from a illustrator that lives about 10 miles from me. I am also a somewhat on a friend bases with him, I can always ask questions if I wanted too. He's who I went to when I wanted to expand what I already knew on my drawings, such as shading and proportion.
And can you show me where my proportions and shaping are off? I'm still not great with body work(arm's and legs). I started out mastering the head and clothing, but I'm still amateur at best when it comes to arms/legs/hands etc.
PS: BenDover, I know I might have hard lines only because when I shade, it's dark. My lines are very light when I draw them at first. So when I'm done, I go back through with a hard sketch. Which give's it the look like it does
And thank you for comments guys! (Especially you Ben! Really helped, hope you can reply again!)
Last edited by Hacks; Jul 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM.
/opinion from a guy who totally draws like a 4 year-older

Wow, dude... are you the Picasso of anime or something?
The theme... hmmm. I don't know... doing a christmas theme'd drawing during the summer is like celebrating Easter on thanksgiving.

Nevertheless, the drawing looks nice, the christmas spririt is there and I can't wait to see more art work.... post more nooowwww.
underground shelter with windows of a sunny day
always ~
Hacks i have both Charcoal and Carbon but i don't use Charcoal because the sensitivity of it is SO weak , and have you EVER thought that u will MIGHT be the first drawer who draw Realstic anime _-_ , if u wanna see my drawings , check them 20 pages back i guess .. and just go to the super-market and ask them if they have Carbon pencil , If they don't have ask if they know where they sell , dude Life is hard , u have to search for what you want , this is how humans progressed .. thankyou
~oofun4