ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Tex]Head Texture.
3 hour work (due to my simultanious brakes : D)

512x512
Artist: Joaoomaior
Colour's Suited for it: Quicksilver, Platinum
CnC please?
Illegaly Changed my name To ToLazyToName
Buh Bye (love you)
^^^^^ = great stuff. Shading is great, details in the texture is great, especially the head. One thing that you could improve is the lines on the helmet. The borders of the top plate going to the plate underneath it makes it look flat. In the picture above, on the very right sphere, it looks like you drew a triangle on the head. If you could change that, this would be the perfect texture. I like the theme. I hope you will make a complete set out of this, this is an excellent head texture. Just the outlines.
-----
Oh, sorry for double posting, but you should add some dirt smudges or details to the face. The face looks way too clean compared to the super high detailed helmet. Dont go overboard with the face texturing, or the helmet will look super clean.
Last edited by keoni109; Feb 1, 2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals
under plate sucks... no other words for it, also you could work on the iris to make it look better and the "steel" plates don't like metal at all thy look like plastic... try to add some high contrast between white and black ( which is what metal looks like ) and/or some scrathes to it, also he has a bolt in the middle of the face?? :S

mapping is good tho
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
I love the helmet, but I think the face should be raised up a bit more. Maybe it's just my head. It looks nice.
Make the bolts bolder. A tip I have for you is that you need to practice emphasis in your artwork. I can see some of it already, but it is not showing where it is needed most.
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
under plate sucks... no other words for it, also you could work on the iris to make it look better and the "steel" plates don't like metal at all thy look like plastic... try to add some high contrast between white and black ( which is what metal looks like ) and/or some scrathes to it, also he has a bolt in the middle of the face?? :S

mapping is good tho

any advice on the iris?
Illegaly Changed my name To ToLazyToName
Buh Bye (love you)