Toribash
Original Post
[ART] Well, I tried
I attempted to make a cartoon/anime/idgaf version of my head texture I made. And well, this is the outcome.

I know a lot of the lines are wonky and what not, I didn't use the pen tool most of the time. It makes me agitated. but I'd like to know some better ways on how to get better quality lines, and some advice would be much appreciated.

Software: Gimp 2.8

wip from sketch

paint on computer

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
the hairlines seems to be a bit thick to me, but thats just my opinion.
other than that, I like it.
I'd write a huge detailed post but my hands tell me that i have to not be very wordy, so here's some visuals that i hope you don't mind:

siiiiiiiiize

As for lines... Well, practice, i guess. I've found that fast motions makes lines less wobbly when freehanding, but it also reduces accuracy. That is why we have undo. :U
You did pretty well with the face though, fairly accurate proportions there (cartooniness besides).
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by LucidSpore View Post
the hairlines seems to be a bit thick to me, but thats just my opinion.
other than that, I like it.

Yeah, if I had a sketch tablet, it would be easier. I like thick lines too :P thanks!

Originally Posted by Shook View Post
I'd write a huge detailed post but my hands tell me that i have to not be very wordy, so here's some visuals that i hope you don't mind:

siiiiiiiiize

As for lines... Well, practice, i guess. I've found that fast motions makes lines less wobbly when freehanding, but it also reduces accuracy. That is why we have undo. :U
You did pretty well with the face though, fairly accurate proportions there (cartooniness besides).

Damn, you went to town on the CnC. But I am glad you did. Thank you for showing me how to do all of that better. :P I use a mouse, I don't have a touch pad or sketch pad. :P

And hair behind head was meat to be short. Like, in a poofy ponytail in the back. Didn't try too hard with the cap x)

fixed neck. better?

Last edited by WeooWeoo; Nov 21, 2015 at 10:14 PM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Much better, also i suspected that that might be the case with the hair. :v
I'm sliiiiiightly bothered by the hair obscuring the other side of the neck, but eh, that's just me being pernickety. Also note: the entirety of the mouth should probably be in shadow since it's basically a hole, unless it's her tongue we're seeing.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Really, really "Chalky". I use gimp as my only program and I figured out how to use the brush dynamics to make "Anime lines". Make some research on the brushes for gimp. The blush should be soft on the cheeks. Don't add soft shadows on the hair, make them a bit like strikes. You need to know how shadows work (I looked at the hat and the hair). The hair is waaayyy too pointy and it has to many sharp turns. Go with the flow, add more depth.
I am just an icon livin'
as some other have point out, the hairline is too thick, thinner line would be the best for this occasion.. and some proportion is off, but i can see you already fixed it good job
well maybe add a bit shading to the hair would be better so it won't like a sheet of paper on the top of the head

but overall nice job, the courage to try is a plus point
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you