Ranking
Original Post
Auto draw bet cancels

Title says it all.

When 2 players draw, all bets should be canceled automatically. ( if there is any )

I really don't see the reason behind why this feature isn't already in the game

こんにちは、私はデータです。

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by clumberdob View Post
The whole point of hosting a bet server is doing all the work yourself if everything was automatic then your technically getting free tc

This situation isn't concerning the server hosts. It for the people who bet a lot of TC, then loose it all because the operators fail to cancel bets in time.

btw: If that quote was true then why did they allow betting server bots in the past.
Last edited by data; Nov 21, 2016 at 01:45 PM.

こんにちは、私はデータです。

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think this is useful because whenever the Operator is AFK, it can just auto cancel bets.
Supported.
Because allowing tc to sink during a draw match isn't against any rules and ops are allowed to let that happen. Some ops enforce the whole bet at your own risk do-hicky, so allowing auto draw bet cancels probably won't be happening my dud.
Originally Posted by Coine View Post
allowing tc to sink during a draw match isn't against any rules and ops are allowed to let that happen.

I've never seen a op that hasn't attempted or just won't cancel bets when people draw. It's kinda become a must do rule in the community of Toribash (like how much people spam in the chat telling operators to cancel the bets). In my eyes its like a rule to follow within the community.

Giving the operators the option to determine whether someone loses their 20k or gains back the 20k its totally unfair.

^ that should be held responsible on the two people who are fighting. Not the operator(s) choice.

こんにちは、私はデータです。

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by data View Post
This situation isn't concerning the server hosts. It for the people who bet a lot of TC, then loose it all because the operators fail to cancel bets in time.

btw: If that quote was true then why did they allow betting server bots in the past.

Don't have em anymore now do we?
and if the server host isn't fast enough to cancel draw bets, he really shouldn't be hosting. Unsupported.
-----
Originally Posted by data View Post
I've never seen a op that hasn't attempted or just won't cancel bets when people draw. It's kinda become a must do rule in the community of Toribash (like how much people spam in the chat telling operators to cancel the bets). In my eyes its like a rule to follow within the community.

Giving the operators the option to determine whether someone loses their 20k or gains back the 20k its totally unfair.

^ that should be held responsible on the two people who are fighting. Not the operator(s) choice.

its not an official rule, therefore has no reason to be enforced.
Last edited by Kirito; Dec 4, 2016 at 10:34 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
if the server host isn't fast enough to cancel draw bets, he really shouldn't be hosting

People make mistakes. Even the best betting server host could once in their hosting career make a mistake because they were side tracked or distracted, lag, were afk, replay time glitched, etc. That little mistake could or could not have been the deciding factor in a great loss of tc.

こんにちは、私はデータです。

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Don't have em anymore now do we?
and if the server host isn't fast enough to cancel draw bets, he really shouldn't be hosting. Unsupported.
-----

its not an official rule, therefore has no reason to be enforced.

So, to be clear, you don't think anything that isn't already implement should be added to this game? What's wrong with adding a small quality of life change to a very popular activity for the community? I don't think the ability to host a bet server, which is about betting, should rely solely on someone's ability to type quickly. The two do not technically go hand in hand.

If that last point is a bit confusing for you, here's another example. Let's say you are offered a chance to work out for free, expecting weights. Instead, when you show up are greeted by a race. Sure, they fulfill the same purpose, technically, but why be limited to only one method of getting a job done when there are plenty of other, and in some instances easier, ways?

I see no reason to avoid adding this into the game. As data already stated, it's a common practice, and has been for years. Just because something isnt an official rule doesnt mean it isnt valid.
Why force people to do it manually every time? The job of a host is not to do all the work at an event, their job is to make the event go as smoothly as possible. Giving hosts less shit to worry about only makes their job that much easier.

I'll see what Gynx thinks about it.
I think I might be retired.