Toribash
Original Post
Item Forge Programmer
Hi,

There is still a position open among the Item Forgers for a programmer. The item forgers create the items that appear in the shop and ingame.

Tasks:
- Create new items for the Toribash client (C++, OSX or VC++)
- Create new items for the forum (PHP, Unix)
- Create scripts for the forum to release new items (Like the beards for the old-schoolers)

You will be coding with hampa and do items with the other forgers (jusmi, solax and firbolty).

Knowing C++ and php is required for this.

Send an mail to hampus_at_nabistudios_dot_com if you are interested.

With the email attached the latest C++ code you wrote that you are allowed to attached (.ie something you wrote and own).
Lol A person that is obviously a badass^^^^^

Also, creating items for the forum, does it require to know unix too, or just one or the other?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
I'm inexperienced in C++ but would be interested in helping out without a form of compensation, should I apply? ( The most I've done is complete an introductory course to C++). I also don't have any PHP experience, but would be willing to try to self-teach whats needed to accomplish assigned tasks.

I most likely will not be able to fill the position, but I'd like to help if I would be of help. I understand if you're only interested in professionals.
(>^_^)>
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post
I'm inexperienced in C++ but would be interested in helping out without a form of compensation, should I apply? ( The most I've done is complete an introductory course to C++). I also don't have any PHP experience, but would be willing to try to self-teach whats needed to accomplish assigned tasks.

I most likely will not be able to fill the position, but I'd like to help if I would be of help. I understand if you're only interested in professionals.

if u have no idea about php and only basic knowledge in c++ i wont think that u have any great chances to get in.
so i would rate u to not sent an app, or get better knowledge about c++ and php in a few days then u will have a chance.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Blub I understand that, I'm asking if he's looking interested in having more than that one professional though.
(>^_^)>
You don't have to be a professional, though you should have a fair background in programming. If you're doing everything for the first time, you might want to wait until you get the hang of things. Hopefully we'll be getting more than just one new dev.
I'm currently studying programming,busy with c# and php (Already certified for SQL,HTML,Javascript,css etc).When I finish I will look into this. I finish around April. As for c++,I have no experience in that area of expertise.
It's nice to see the development reaching out to the the community. I would like to get involved, I just have a lot on my plate at college.

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░ eVo ░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

Originally Posted by Fish View Post
You don't have to be a professional, though you should have a fair background in programming. If you're doing everything for the first time, you might want to wait until you get the hang of things. Hopefully we'll be getting more than just one new dev.

Atleast we know the basic right?

That's too hard to learn those programming things.
Quite rare to find a good coder i guess.
I can't even play this game
I'm still in a High-School-equivalent but I can code in C, C++, PHP and a few more (java, python...). I'll study programming after school (2 years to go)

I've never done anything really useful except a few urban terror server mods and I'd like to help toribash.
Originally Posted by ANDROIDex View Post
Atleast we know the basic right?

That's too hard to learn those programming things.
Quite rare to find a good coder i guess.

No? The things they are asking for are super basic.

It'd only take a day or two and the rest you can pick up as you go. PHP and c++ are pretty easy.