Toribash
Original Post
I did another game
http://stefan-tincescu.itch.io/roll-to-freedom

Tell me what do you think.
I would appreciate any piece of advice.

If you would like to see more of my games, add me on facebook Stefan Tincescu. I have several pictures of my games (especeally 2d) which I haven't released yet.(i used textures and music from google..)
Last edited by Chirox; Aug 14, 2015 at 11:32 PM.
Hey Chirox I moved this to gaming chat for you, I think it will get more visibility here and it's a bit more fitting

I'm checking out your game now.

EDIT: Fun game, my best time 21 seconds, I don't know what the fastest is but I only explored maybe 1/3 of the map or less.

So the problems I think:
Collision isn't good, if you walk into a wall and hold down the button you will bounce back and forth - check collision BEFORE moving the sphere, not after!
Textures aren't good, and neither are the models. Try simplify things.
Only 1 map I think? Could be a cool game if we had more maps to race on.
Best time didn't save for me, showed N/A the entire time. You should hide that line if there's no best time. The best time/current time text is too small as well, and the time counter shows way too many decimal places!
End zone isn't marked, so you might not realize at first that you need to go there, or that you need to walk a certain distance inside. The goal gate has far too big gaps for that matter! There are smaller gaps on the map that you can fit through!
The only traps I ever saw were the stun arrows, there were others too I think but never saw them... Arrows are a good trap because you can avoid them.

All in all it was a pretty fun game, if you worked on it some more and simplified and focused a bit more you could make a pretty fun speed running game. The keys are a good mechanic, and the arrow traps are good because they are dodgeable. Having non-random maps is great because it makes competition and replayability possible.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Aug 14, 2015 at 09:24 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Thank you for the review.
It is possible to have uploaded a test versrion, so that.s why the highscore didn.t save, I will check again.
Also, the collision was a problem for me, becasue i didn.t use rigidbody for the ball, (then the movement would have been a problem, the ball would continue moving after having releashed the up arrow button)

The textures were ma problem becasue i must use those provided by unity. If i use other i must pay for copyrights or mention a lot of people in the credtis.

I had to improvise a lot
I have more games which I worked a lot for, but they are 2d and made with SDL

UPDATE: i corrected the save issue, i forgot to add // in a line i used for testing.
Last edited by Chirox; Aug 14, 2015 at 01:49 PM.
How the hell do you disable the horrible music D:
did not make a button for it. I hurried up to finish it because i was going on vacation.

sorry

thank you for downloading anyway, it means a lot for me to hear opinions from people, so i can do more quality stuff
Will you be continuing developement?
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |