Ranking
Original Post
Dark Souls Help!
Hello!
I need help on my Dark Souls game on my PS3. I usually use Warrior and what do you think is the best weapon for me? (I actually die a lot). I dont play on Online only Offline. I like weapons like Longsword,Shortsword... Etc just sort of swords (Close Range)
Do not treat people the way u want to be treated
~Sumoro
Depends what your spec is really.

Zweihander is close to the start of the game and the str req is manageable. IMO it's one of the best weapons in the game :^) The thing about dks is that pretty much any weapon is usable and good, weapons aren't that important.

Trying to get a black knight sword is good too, but you need to be lucky.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
start learning how to parry and use rapier for riposte

also start using dodge instead of block (forget about block entirely)

keep load under 25% for fast roll

when fighting bosses - r2, roll back

no need to thank me, with setup like this you will be able to complete the whole game, even if you would not level up, just like i did

http://www.twitch.tv/n7snk/c/2501393
Last edited by snake; Aug 29, 2015 at 01:50 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
In fact im gonna try to use Zweihander and Rapier i haven't actually defeated any bosses yet
(im still waiting for good weapons for me)

Also i need their req. about Zweihander and Rapier Their Str req and etc also i found black knight shield and then im headed to andrei the blacksmith say. whats the best weapon to beat the gargoyles?
~Sumoro
you can beat any bosses with any weapons at all. just find the one you feel comfortable is and thats it.

i prefer rapier due to quick r2 for boss fights and ripostes for everything else

you can play any way you care and complete the game even with the starting gear.

just get in the mindset that dieing is okay and that bigger weapons aren't better and heavier armor isn't the way to go as you have in most of games where as you level up you get new and better gear etc, the starting gear of your character is just as good as any other gear you may find through the game.

if you would not get in this mindset - it may be a bit difficult for you to understand the game
tell me about aikido
Ok so how do i find the rapier and what kind of armor is best for me?

whats the best element for the rapier to add a damage fire,magic etc
Last edited by Sumoro; Aug 30, 2015 at 02:39 AM.
~Sumoro
1st depends on how you play

2nd depends on what type of enemy you are fighting or your build

just play the game, don't try to find an easy way to get by as there are none
tell me about aikido
git gud
also
try miracles
miracles are a fucking godsend
in a literal sense
also, i haven't played dark souls in a while, but i'm pretty sure the undead merchant sells it
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.