people playing: 91, servers online: 28, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Cicada3301

Toribash Community » Clans » Organiζations » Official Organiζations » ORMO
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Closed Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013   #1
Shook
Event Fartist

Blue Belt
Clan: [T]

ANNOUNCEMENT OF IMPENDING DOOM
OKAY, so as of today, the bar for entry is raised, and a new recruiting schedule has been set up (see the recruiter thread, chaps). The new schedule is not dependent on me to poke you all the time, so keeping tabs of it is now your own responsibility. It's only 3-4 days per month, and they're constant, so it shouldn't be too hard. At the moment though, i am a bit more tolerant, since it's a new thing and many of you are probably still on vacation.

As for the raised bar, this means that being acceptable isn't enough anymore. You, dear potential applicant, have to be downright IMPRESSIVE. And to you, dear recruiter, this means that if you're not wow'd, you probably shouldn't say yes. This is probably worst for the applicants, to which i apologize, but we've reached the conclusion that this is a better course of action than doing nothing.

This raised bar of entry is NOT retroactive, so if you're already in, you don't have to worry. Unless we suddenly decide to get all activity check on your asses, because a LOT of members aren't doing anything.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
deviantart page | also patreon if you feel rich
Old Aug 10, 2013   #2
Bust3r
(

Asteroid Belt

In light of the raised bar I suggest renaming recruiters to DOORKEEPERS OF GLORY
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
Old Aug 10, 2013   #3
MrJingles
SUPERIOR BIRD

5th Dan Black Belt

^This.

Do it
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Old Aug 10, 2013   #4
TheSecret
ub3r

6th Dan Black Belt

Seems some of us applicants have a a special kind of timing...
Old Aug 10, 2013   #5
Shook
Event Fartist

Blue Belt

That is indeed unfortunate, and i once again apologize for it, but if i did this later, it would just hit some other people in a similar manner. Besides, if you do get in now, it's a much bigger deal than it was before.

@bust3r: i am extremely tempted to make that an official thing
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
deviantart page | also patreon if you feel rich
Old Aug 10, 2013   #6
MrJingles
SUPERIOR BIRD

5th Dan Black Belt

TheSecret:

With the new rules in place I probably wouldn't even get accepted into this org, but I think this would be better for the future of the organization.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Old Aug 10, 2013   #7
Bust3r
(

Asteroid Belt

Originally Posted by shook View Post
That is indeed unfortunate, and i once again apologize for it, but if i did this later, it would just hit some other people in a similar manner. Besides, if you do get in now, it's a much bigger deal than it was before.

@bust3r: i am extremely tempted to make that an official thing

The biggest human temptation is to settle for too little.

aka: you should totally do it

amendment: on second thought, GATEKEEPERS OF GLORY has a more majestic ring to it
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

Last edited by Bust3r; Aug 10, 2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old Aug 10, 2013   #8
pusga
oh yeah

5th Dan Black Belt

what about shitking blasters bust3r?
oh yeah
Old Aug 10, 2013   #9
Dobby
Forumite

10th Dan Black Belt

I like this idea, i support it c: