Toribash
I just do things for myself pretty much, within 150 years we're all going to be but a story some more epic than others, but other than that, we'll be nearly forgotten, our personal achievements and such will be gone, soooo, I guess, I just want to get good at what I do so I can be remembered for it. You gotta wanna leave your mark on the Earf.
I kind of gave up on trying to be motivated or apparently happy, so I just do the things I find correct - try to do my best in my job, try to get good in things I find nice.. but with no goal at all.

I just don't think we have to chain ourselves to some kind of perfect future, everything is random anyways
Pois nasci nunca vi amor
E ouço del sempre falar
What do you mean by "motivation"?

The thing is, if I want something to happen, then I'm motivated to make it happen, and if I don't want something to happen, then I'm not. If you're not motivated to do something, and you think you want the result, look deep within yourself and question what it is you really want.

Let's say that you "want" to become a very rich person. Then you look at what you need to do to achieve this goal. It involves a lot of dedication of time to potentially boring or even degrading tasks, and a sacrifice of years of your youth in order to achieve this monetary goal you've set for yourself. When you look at this future that you need to acquire your goal, you may lose your "motivation". But is that really a loss of motivation? Are you not just weighing the potential rewards of this kind of lifestyle and saying, "hey, maybe doing all this bullshit to get more money is going to in fact lower my overall happiness instead of raise it, so maybe I'll look at a different option"?

I don't lack motivation, I only focus it in particular places, which others may not find worthy of someone's motivation. I do, so fuck them. It is possible that you've not found something worthy of putting effort into. That's fine. You can't change what you want, period. Don't let other people's expectations of what you "should" want dictate your life. Aspire to only what you find to be worthy of aspiration.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
I have a limited understanding of what motivation really is but whatever. here are my ramblings on the topic:

take a moment to collect your mind. make sure that it's all there, make sure you aren't zoning out or anything. make sure you're thinking positively.
you need to think about the things you need to do (writing a list is always a good idea.)
you need to think about why these things need to be done. It's hard to want to do anything without a reason.
you need to think about how you're going to do these things and what you might require to do them.
...and then,
in the end... you just GOTTA get it done.
not in 5 minutes, not after this game, not after anything unnecessary.
procrastination is shit, fuck that.

It helps with some things if you get a rhythm going, get moving (pacing works), maybe some fast paced music going or whatever. as long as it doesn't distract you, hey.

set up some small rewards. like for me, being a smoker, I sometimes won't smoke until I do whatever it is I was trying to do, which usually works pretty well cuz I get fiendish if I get nicotine cravings ay, so you best believe I fucken dominate whatever task is standing between me and that ciggy.

routine
sleep is great, being well rested makes everything more enjoyable.

feeling good
a little exercise in the morning will get you feeling more energetic and relaxed.

a good diet will help too. like if I eat a lot of sugar il start getting tired and have trouble focusing as soon as I start to crash, which doesn't help at all.

caffeine helps to an extent too.

it's mostly about the way you think tho. not giving in to instant gratification and all that.
Originally Posted by Riggered View Post
What keeps you motivated and doing things? What is your perspective of life and why?
To describe my perspectives and motivation on things, I have two words that say it all.

Optimistic Nihilist, how about you?

Your 2 words are too much truth, we breathe to die and die to breathe.
But of course when I am forced or be able to choose i rather take the positive way then the negative.

So the most important thing for me is to keep in touch with my self. When I need to go through the antarctis I think about sunny days on the beach so my body won't be missing warm temperature as long as my mind keeps glowing like the sun.

I advise you all to question the most common things, why do we drink soo much coffee and coca cola and eat at fast food restaurants ? make sure your vice grips has healthy effects on yourself.
Enjoint life
Originally Posted by Smaiva View Post
Your 2 words are too much truth, we breathe to die and die to breathe.
But of course when I am forced or be able to choose i rather take the positive way then the negative.

So the most important thing for me is to keep in touch with my self. When I need to go through the antarctis I think about sunny days on the beach so my body won't be missing warm temperature as long as my mind keeps glowing like the sun.

I advise you all to question the most common things, why do we drink soo much coffee and coca cola and eat at fast food restaurants ? make sure your vice grips has healthy effects on yourself.

"we die to breathe"
elaborate?
Originally Posted by Surfings View Post
"we die to breathe"
elaborate?

I think he's trying to say that Death is the only ultimate freedom we really get out of this mental entrapment.

I have my hip hop. It keeps me hoping for a better day, so I work and work and work on different aspects of helping out the hip hop community and writing new songs, practicing sets or buying more equipment for my eventuating studio.

I find that passion for something in life is the only thing that can keep someone going.
lol
Jesus fucking christ some of you people must be really depressed

I find it really hard to keep myself motivated to do things I simply need to do, so I just try to keep everything as entertaining as possible. Turn it into a game, or give myself some sort of reward if I complete it.

Sometimes I also time things, because I find that I work well when I'm put under pressure, whether by myself or something else. If I don't complete something within the time I give myself, I give myself a punishment. Like making myself eat a half-cup of ketchup or something.