Ranking
Originally Posted by Kamicide View Post
Well.. it's working. But I don't think it's very fair.

Then it's obviously not working.
Originally Posted by Dalir View Post
^

We've been infracting people for "Useless posts" for a long time, and they truly are useless. Just as CMon says, if someone says "they're shit" without any constructive criticism, we infract. If someone says "cool texts" without constructive praise, we don't? Sure, "they're shit" might seem insulting, but they're not aimed at the author, they're aimed at the textures. :P

well insulting members is infractionable

And by insulting a piece of art, you are pretty much saying that the guy sucks at drawing

It's a pretty fine line drawn.

Plus "They're shit" sounds a lot worse than "they could use some work"

Diplomacy ;o

I think if a guy asks for C&C/Ratings, then the "10/10 they're awesome would be ok. If he is just trying to sell the head, then it would be infractionable.

And all those flaming about high prices...geez, they should be infractionable too! ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
I think if a guy asks for C&C/Ratings, then the "10/10 they're awesome would be ok. If he is just trying to sell the head, then it would be infractionable.

And all those flaming about high prices...geez, they should be infractionable too! ;)

To be honest I think ratings are quite useless. (And yes I know I already said I loved rep/karma, I stand by that statement).

Back in the day when I used to submit replays, I always asked for "feedback" instead of "ratings". Sure, a lot of people dropped by and said "#1 and 2 were awesome 10/10 but 3 not so good 7/10". That didn't help me squat, I had no idea what was wrong with the third one, and thus I appreciate it a lot more when somebody figuratively points out flaws/strengths.
with replays yes, they may be.

But if he is selling, then just a lot of bad rating can tell him to lower the price of the head to match.

Since no one is buying replays, rating like those are unnecessary

I don't like empty ratings either, when people just say "7/10" and leave a small useless generic comment (Which i have done at least 4 times when i was tired)
I used to do stuff like that, but not anymore. I'm hoping that if people do start putting more thought into ratings, then people who are rated will learn from that and do it themselves.

Ooops off track.

Of course, more detailed criticism will always be better

I do find it annoying when i get 3 pages of "epic head 10/10 wowowow" and not a single bid though, >.>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
My god, if you look at most threads in here, you see exactly that. "10/10 awesome I like it cool nice." I think I'm going to charge 200TC for every constructive comment I post outside of the TTM/TAT/ORMO.

If thread starters are resorting to size 7 bolded text in bright red, the forum is doomed.