This thread is the home of the ghost trainer script generator that I developed. The generator allows you to extract move sequences from replay files and put them into an LUA script. When run, Uke will select a sequence at random that you can train against in single player.
The current version (2) of the trainer generator can be found here:
(Not really) bug fix.
Trainer script- v2.1:
- Fixed the first round setting import issues. Settings are now properly imported from round one, if the use replay settings option is enabled. Generator reflects this change, and has no other updates.
Some usability improvements.
Trainer generator - v2.1:
- Added the option to select a specific player from a replay to add to Uke's move list, so taking sequences from single player replays doesn't have to pollute your move set.
- Put the instructions on the page, outside of a dialog box, with hide and show controls to continue to allow users to simply select all text on the page.
Replaced the older version, so it can still be found here:
Made fairly major upgrades to the system in general.
- Added support for grips
- Added option to display ghost source
- Added option to load related game settings and mods
* Loading game settings is ineffective in the first round, but works as expected thereafter (you may just want to skip the first round)
* dev note: imported entire header string and frame numbers for semi future-proofing
Configure options by opening up the LUA script and setting the variables below the general documentation to true or false. Instructions are enclosed.
Pretty much just made all of the changes required to extract the necessary information to support the additional functionality of the trainer script. Nothing about the frontend has changed, so use it exactly as before.
The new version of the trainer generator can be found here:
Attached is a small sample mixed bag (sambo, kickbox, wushu) trainer to demonstrate the new functionality:
, honestly, to spare myself from having everyone uploading replays (and potentially other crap) to my server. It's pretty bootleg right now. I might touch it up with more features later. Feedback would be appreciated.
- Paste replay file text into the text area in the upper left.
- Hit "Add Moves", and the replay will be converted into two sequences of moves and added to the generated LUA.
- Be mindful that move sequences from both players will be added, so multiplayer replays will produce the best results.
- Clear the text in the text area, and repeat to add moves from different replays as desired.
- When you're done adding moves, select all text on the page, and copy to your clipboard.
- Paste into a plaintext editor and save the file as a .lua file and place into your 'data/script' directory in your Toribash folder.
Incidentally, no information about framestep or distance is preserved, so if you want to make a wushu trainer, where you'll be working with a framestep of 50, and an engage distance of 250, try to only choose wushu replays.
If you generate any good trainers, I encourage you to share here.
These are a couple of sample scripts generated by a PHP script I wrote last night. The PHP parses a directory of replay files, converts each player's move sequences into an LUA table, and generates a table of those tables.
The LUA script picks a sequence from the table at random and puts in those inputs for Uke after each input freeze, so you can use it as a ghost of the players in the replays, and train against it.
It's mostly good for practicing against openers, as later stage stuff is more context sensitive.
I'll make improvements to the script over time, and I'll be building a frontend interface for the generator script or something so you guys can build your own trainers from replays that you pick.
These are for wushu, and you'll have to make your settings match. 250 engage distance / 500 frames / 50 framestep. The second one, I think, has a better spread of openers. The first was just generated for testing.