Toribash
Original Post
[Q&A]Textures
Having problems making your head? Have a question about Photoshop or GIMP?
Need resources/color codes? Even "What IS a texture?"

Ask your texture related questions here~~

Helpful Resources

Detailed Texture Tutorial by monobi.
Toribash Color swatches for Photoshop And GIMP by Novitech
How to create a head by SlainVeteran
How to map a hand by Mapleleaf
Full view 3D Texture Program by avwave
Making your own textures! by Magix

Downloads
Direct Photoshop Link: Exe|7z Provided by Stonewall
Originally Posted by Stonewall
Now, this is important. You need to download both of those files, the .exe and the .7z. (those are their file extensions, if you notice) The .7z is an archive, but more importantly you have to let it finish downloading before you run the .exe. If you run the .exe before the download of the .7z finishes, Photoshop will simply fail to install.

Direct GIMP 2.6.6 Link: Exe
Toribash Texture Resource

Q & A
Q: Where can I get a free FINAL VERSION download of photoshop?
A: You can't, but adobe has a trial version here
Last edited by War_Hero; Jul 5, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
[10:17][10:50] <diskimage> Where can I find the Toribash license?
where can u download a free version of photoshop (illegal or not)

what are some pointers u can give for newby texture makers like a tutorial video or sumthing (with link)

which do u prefer making head textures with gimp or photoshop?

- serhan6
Last edited by killakid; Jul 4, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
You won't find a free legal version of Adobe Photoshop and I'm sure its agianst forum rules to post torrents or downloads for illegal versions.
There is no free version of photoshop. Piracy is not allowed on Toribash.

Youtube and google is full of them. Go search.

If you're an amature artist, it doesn't really matter.. + personal preference really, I myself use photoshop. I guess Photoshop is more professional.
Whoop Whoop
Well, if you just started to make textures you should use gimp first, because it's alot easyer to use and it's for free D:
For photoshop you need some kind of "basic knowledge" to use it well. I hope this will help you a bit.
[Addicted]
Originally Posted by killakid View Post
where can u download a free version of photoshop (illegal or not)

Originally Posted by DavidFee View Post
You won't find a free legal version of Adobe Photoshop and I'm sure its agianst forum rules to post torrents or downloads for illegal versions.

Aye, it is. No piracy please.

what are some pointers u can give for newby texture makers like a tutorial video or sumthing (with link)

Here's a thread from the tutorials board made by monobi. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=91748
From basics to more advanced creation.

which do u prefer making head textures with gimp or photoshop?

Photoshop because textures come out in higher quality, depending on experience. You'll also have more to "work" with.
But GIMP is free. It's your pick.
Last edited by ChrisDom; Jul 4, 2009 at 04:33 PM.
[10:17][10:50] <diskimage> Where can I find the Toribash license?
There's actually a free 30 day trial of Photoshop. :D

http://trials.adobe.com/Applications...HSPCS4_LS1.exe
http://trials.adobe.com/Applications...PHSPCS4_LS1.7z

Now, killakid, this is important. You need to download both of those files, the .exe and the .7z. (those are their file extensions, if you notice) The .7z is an archive, but more importantly you have to let it finish downloading before you run the .exe. If you run the .exe before the download of the .7z finishes, Photoshop will simply fail to install.
Last edited by Stonewall; Jul 4, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Even though Photoshop costs quite a sum of money, GIMP can match it. The software itself means nothing to the texturing itself, the artist does. Photoshop can be easier to get into, though. GIMP got a GNU-interface, making it advantagous for Linux users.
I still don't get what the templates are for and what you do with them and how to actually draw your texture.
Originally Posted by xDoBbYx View Post
I still don't get what the templates are for and what you do with them and how to actually draw your texture.

Make a 128x128 pixels document on any art program, save it with right settings, and upload it. There you go, you now have a texture.

Templates are there to help you understand what goes where - where do you have to draw a picture for it to appear in the front of your head, where so it would be on the back of it, etc. They are just there to help you - you don't actually need them to create textures.
Whoop Whoop