Toribash
Original Post
NetHack:The Best Game you've never heard of.
NetHack is a single-player roguelike video game originally released in 1987. It is a descendant of an earlier game called Hack (1985), which is a descendant of Rogue (1980).
The "net" element references that its development has been coordinated through the Internet. The "hack" element refers to a genre of role-playing games known as hack and slash for their focus on combat. The player takes the part of a dungeon-delving character in search of the Amulet of Yendor.
NetHack is open source and remains one of the oldest computer games still actively developed, with new features and bug fixes added by a loose but secretive group of volunteers, commonly called the DevTeam. The DevTeam rarely discusses versions under development in public, and releases new versions without notice. However, they do maintain a list of known bugs. Since NetHack is open source, others are free to release patches to the game between official, versioned releases.NetHack was originally created with only a simple ASCII graphical user interface, although the option to use something more elaborate was added later in its development. Interface elements — environment, entities, and objects — are represented by arrangements of ASCII or Extended ASCII glyphs used in plain text, "DEC graphics" or "IBM graphics" mode. In addition to the environment, the interface also displays character and situational information.
Enhanced graphical options also exist, such as the isometric perspective of Falcon's Eye and Vulture's Eye, or the three-dimensional rendering that noegnud offers.
Nethack has an IRC channel, #nethack, on the Freenode network. Many people discuss the game there and with the resident announcer "Rodney" telling every death and announcing full moons, very little is missed.
I've only ever beaten it with the hardest newbie "Meant to beat the game" character, the wizard.

Amusingly, my wizard was nigh invulnerable near the end.

And I believe he still had a wish or two to spare.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
A note about Rodney: he only announces the deaths of people playing through nethack.alt.org.
My highest scoring character was a samurai. Got up to the 49'th level before being hit with a magic missile.
You died from a MAGIC MISSILE?!

Get some magic resistance and reflection. <.<

Any wizard of mine is completely immune to magic missiles for both of those reasons.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
I ascended again recently. Twice now I've won the game with a wizard.

It seems like the only two classes I can play are wizards and monks.

I should ascend with a monk once, just to prove that I can.

And that the Eyes of the Overworld are useful.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
Yet Another Stupid Death
So, Seeing as how I'm not the only person that plays nethack here, Who wants to post their stupid deaths.(If you don't play NetHack,get it.http://www.nethack.org/)
(or, if you dislike the minimalist version of NH, try Vultures Eye http://github.com/clivecrous/vultures/downloads)
I fired a magic missile at a paper golem killing it, but it bounced off the wall, killing me as well.