Register FAQ Community Calendar Search
Closed Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009   #1
CMon
a bitter old man

6th Dan Black Belt
Clan: RAWR

Changing Your Nick!
PLEASE NOTE: CMON NO LONGER DOES NAME CHANGES. SEND YOUR CREDITS TO SOMEONE WITH A RED NAME.

Nick changing has so far been mostly reserved to the privileged or those with special services towards the community. Most people who grow tired of their nicks, or want new ones would have to settle for making new accounts.

...until now.

We are delighted to announce that nick changing is now a purchasable service, the fee of which will be 100 000 TCs for the first change. Take note how we don't want people changing their nicks in a spur-of-the-moment thing, so please take the following rules into consideration when changing nicks:

Rules of Nick Changing:
- 100 000 TCs for the first change
- For every change after this, the fee will be doubled
- You must wait atleast four weeks until changing your nick again
- Nicks may be taken already.
- You are responsible for securing your Toribash inventory prior to the change. (Read disclaimer for further info.)

The members of the Administrators usergroup will change your nick upon payment. Be assured that the TCs are not meant for personal use and will go to other purposes.

DISCLAIMER, READ BEFORE USING THIS SERVICE:
Although the previous issues with custom folders are fixed, there still might be potential liabilities regarding inventories and QI. It is advised that you secure your inventory by sending it to a temporary solution. Even so, the process is redeemed rather safe and there have been no such events of late. A name change is your choice and the admins and developers are not to be held accountable for any side-effects.

Regarding changes in capitalization:
5000 TCs for every change. Capitalization changes do not affect the database in the same way.

<3,
The Administrators and TB Staff

Last edited by hanz0; Apr 16, 2010 at 11:22 PM..
Old Oct 12, 2009   #2
BlueSaint

Brown Belt

This is sooo cool!!!, but dont you think 100k is kinda... expensive i was think more of 100k or 60 % of all tc earned in game. thatll be much better
Want 1k event for doing something easy? check it http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=129460
Old Oct 12, 2009   #3
crux
Diamonds are not a joke

Custom Belt

If you were to change your name, is there a way of replacing existing threads which include your previous name to your new, changed name? Or would that have to be done manually? Or not at all?
Old Oct 12, 2009   #4
CMon
a bitter old man

6th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by 2Bash View Post
If you were to change your name, is there a way of replacing existing threads which include your previous name to your new, changed name? Or would that have to be done manually? Or not at all?

To do that I imagine we'd have to implement some kind of a word filter, and that would be too much of a hassle ;P
Old Oct 12, 2009   #5
meloman766

4th Dan Black Belt

Oh my gosh! this is amazing. Im buying 100K tc form novitech soon. So ill being changing my name!
Old Oct 12, 2009   #6
BlueSaint

Brown Belt

But how would the know who we are if we change our name drastically. Like i made my name rocker21 for example.
They wouldn't know my old account bluesaint is actully me?
Want 1k event for doing something easy? check it http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=129460
Old Oct 12, 2009   #7
Blam
Now I know my abc's!
This user title is the property of SkulFuk.

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: bncy

Originally Posted by BlueSaint View Post
But how would the know who we are if we change our name drastically. Like i made my name rocker21 for example.
They wouldn't know my old account bluesaint is actully me?

Surely that's a good thing for you?
;)

Just put it in your sig, tell people, etc.
:D
Old Oct 12, 2009   #8
skillz88

Black Belt

lol blue saint, you should justy change your name to Bsaint or summit like that, like steverwein change his name to steve, and davidfee changed his name to fee lol
Old Oct 12, 2009   #9
BlueSaint

Brown Belt

Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Surely that's a good thing for you?
;)

Just put it in your sig, tell people, etc.

-.-" please this isnt wibbles, My "identity" is different, Besides i left wibbles.

On topic: Whats the point of changing your name if i simply change it to Bsaint?
Old Oct 12, 2009   #10
CMon
a bitter old man

6th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by BlueSaint View Post
On topic: Whats the point of changing your name if i simply change it to Bsaint?

Some people have come to prefer the shortenings of their nicks in time. Good examples are evil (evilperson), Fee (DavidFee) and steve (steveirwin).
Closed Thread