Toribash
Original Post
can not connect multiplayer
Hi there, when I try to connect the multiplayer all the servers appear as "no connection", I disabled my firewall and opened the 20184-20191 ports on my router and it's still dosn't work. I also tried to search in this form for a solution but I did not find one. Sorry if i missed something.
thanks in advance, Xardas.

EDIT: btw, I use ver 3.04
Last edited by Xardas_old; Nov 11, 2007 at 09:08 PM.
Can you try this again, and after you get the 'no connection' on the servers, post here the contents of the file: stderr.txt (It's in your Toribash directory)
Exact sane thing happens to me. I use dialup but it works fine for every other game I play without lag. Also I guess I should put this up:
stderr.txt
I really don't know why this happens; In toribash 2.75 I can go into multiplayer lobby but tells me to use v3.04, but that says No Connection on every server.
My multiplayer capabilities -->
Xardas - do other games work ? It looks like it's unable to get reply from the server. Maybe use some good firewall (ZoneAlarm, or Comodo for slower computers) and enable everything on router.

Possible solution I found on some website (For Ringwall's problem)

if you have mcafee anti-virus , please uninstall and restart the computer,
and then install Toribash.
(You can use a different anti virus, e.g. avg)

select your internet connection from the network connections (e.g. LAN , Wireless, etc) , then again right click on the internet connection > select properties > Advanced > Settings > select Exceptions > select Add Program then browse for Toribash directory and select the TB.EXE file, select CHANGE SCOPE and make sure that the first option is selected ( By Default) and click ok, ok, ok, ok and then restart the computer.
Other games do work. I use BitDefender 10 and I added Toribash to it's firewall (I even tried to disable the firewall permanently and game still refused to work). Furthermore, my Windows firewall is not active so thats also not the problam. I will try to use ZoneAlarm but I am not sure it will solve the problam.
Thanks anyway

EDIT: After I installed ZoneAlarm two servers became available: Taek Kyon and Nabi Clan League::freestyle. The rest still appear as "no connection". Any ideas?
Last edited by Xardas_old; Nov 14, 2007 at 04:29 PM.
Also happens on the computers at my old school. I really think its something to do with the ports, but i really don't know what, because turning off the firewall makes no difference for me.

Any ideas, stilf?
<@veb> HEY WHO CHANGED YOUR TITLE
<@veb> IT SAYS SENIOR MEMBER
Don't change my title you asshole
Xardas:
1. Can you connect to these 2 servers ?
2. Can you connect to the servers that it says 'no connection' (Even though it says so)
3. Try enabling *everything* on the router and use only ZoneAlarm as a firewall.