Ranking
Original Post
Birthday comeback
It's my birthday on the 16. of october, and coincidentally I happen to have churned up some replays after a long pause.

In retrospect: This is actually a few weeks old. The name conveniently masks my inability to get enough forward momentum as actually deciding to kick with the other foot... twice.
In retrospect followup: Just a punch to beef up the lone kick of the above.
In retrospect nerf & combo: A more meaty replay, the kick from "in retrospect", aimed for the hip instead, and followed up by demolishing the upper half of uke.
spinal elbow: Again, it starts with some stutters, but the elbow-induced splitting of uke pays it back several fold for me. It's on sambo gravity because I tried to do something realistic at first. One of those times when you forget it's virtually impossible in TB.
TKD - perfect: Just a bonus thrown in. A showcase of what my TKD switchkick opener should always do to an enemy. The observant of you will notice that it's incorrectly labeled 9 for random shiiz. That's because I haven't gotten my MP playmode tags sorted out, since it's such a long time since I regularly played in multiplayer.
Attached Files
2 in retrospect.rpl (181.7 KB, 21 views)
2 in retrospect followup.rpl (184.7 KB, 21 views)
2 in retrospect nerf & combo.rpl (271.6 KB, 22 views)
2 spinal elbow.rpl (169.4 KB, 21 views)
9 TKD - perfect.rpl (73.2 KB, 20 views)
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
in retrospect

The first kick seemed weak although the decap was cool. After that the torso molesting (couldn't think of a better word) was messy and seemed kinda awkward and slow, you know it lacked flow.

spinal elbow

Was far too messy. You were standing too close to Uke so you couldn't get good hits.

TKD - perfect

Quite a nice kick although that kick against that opener always works so nothing special

So there you go
Last edited by SLAPPED; Oct 15, 2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: misspelled a word
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
meh, I'm not that surprised, I don't think they're even my best either. I'd have to play for a few weeks and get used to the physics again. Thanks for the comments though.

also, what does messy mean, exactly? I've seen it used a lot to describe replays, but since I didn't bother to log in and watch the replay when I first saw the term, I didn't find out its meaning.
I refuse to grab.
-
Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post
also, what does messy mean, exactly? I've seen it used a lot to describe replays, but since I didn't bother to log in and watch the replay when I first saw the term, I didn't find out its meaning.

Basically it means lots of awkward positions, bashing against Uke, grabbing randomly etc.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by Marcoyeh View Post
Basically it means lots of awkward positions, bashing against Uke, grabbing randomly etc.

whoa, apparently I'm really out of touch since I didn't see any of those in "in retrospect nerf & combo", except for maybe minor cases of awkward positions... but then again, I really am out of touch.

Just to get this posted before I forget, here's another:

Didn't see this coming: I was going for a kick, but it turned out I was better situated for a punch, and went for it. I don't like the stumbling beginning myself either, but the strikes and posing afterwards are classy IMHO.
Attached Files
2 didn't see this coming.rpl (223.1 KB, 16 views)
I refuse to grab.
-
The pose is strange, as sprytryne mentioned. But the hits were sweet
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
yeah the stumbling weren't too good but the punch I liked a lot and the kick was also pretty good
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
I liked the intital retrospect a lot. All this follow up moves are just distracting from the nice movement in the beginning.

Glad you are back. The replay section isn't the same without you.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
hey there, happy birthday

k then, let's pass to the replays:
since I'm a bit lazy I'll rate your replays basing on your general style.
I really like how you do some movements, for example in the first replays you kinda bounced on the floor, or in the last replay you posted you used only one arm for getting the necessary speed. They were pretty fluid, you have just to get used again to toribash and its physics, but I'm sure you were and you'll be again an amazing replay maker (never seen your replays before so that's just an opinion of mine).
Oh, and about the pose at the end of the last replay, I think it was pretty cool, I love doing strange poses but I generally use sambo grav, which makes nearly impossible to use the "hold" properly :P

hope you'll make more replays and feel free to check mine too if you want, I generally use to do a pose before attacking too ;)
Dun-DUN-DUUN