Ranking
Original Post
In game notification system
How bout an ingame notification system
Which will tell you about latest news
New pm and recent post in clan thrread
Challenge what's impossible
I am psychotic that's why I do that LOL
I agree on this actually, would help a lot for clans. This could even be a motivation for people to go on forums.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Or if you are not too lazy you could use http://forum.toribash.com/spy.php.

It shows all the new posts and what not so you can keep an eye on who is posting where.

On Topic: I Think this will be good for like PM notifications since a lot of people duel with out duel mode. You can see if the item is sent quicker, or if someone wants to get a hold of you and your busy ingame.
Another possibility is highlighting the servers in which your clan members or buddies are
Challenge what's impossible
I am psychotic that's why I do that LOL
In-game Notifications.
It's like getting forum notifications, messages, replies etc etc

But in-game with a button type sound tada.
Very Nice
I don't know I feel like it would be really annoying for marketeers, but I guess you would be able to set it as an option. Although I do not see it to be necessary, toribash has way more important improvements to make.

Experience

In-game Private Message Notifications
Like say at the bottom of the screen in-game could be where it is located. Simply notifying you while you are in-game that you have a message on the forum.

Just an idea, could be tough to program.
fl0w. Logo Designer, PM me.
In-game Push Notifications
What about in-game push notifications. I'm not sure how difficult this may be or if anybody has came up with it. I know a lot of you may be PMing someone any play in-game while you wait for a response. So I thought it may be a good idea to add something that pops up either in chat or something of that sort.

This would help a lot of those who multitask between forums and in-game. Please let me know what you think about this and feel free to ask questions about this. Questions may help develops the idea into a more understandable and reasonable idea if you don't think it is already.
[Enter signature here]
Yeah I doubt that will happen.

Instead of waiting for a response and refreshing every 2 minutes, you might consider checking the forums every 1-2 hours.
The PM won't run away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.