Ranking
Original Post
[In-Game] A Guide to Openers
I don't really know how to start this, so I'll get right into it. This is going to be a guide to openers in single player, aikido, wushu, and judo. Ok, let's start. Feel free to tell me anything the I missed.

Single Player
Openers in single player a particularly hard for most people. They key to having a good opener is making sure that it has potential. If you can't move out of an opener, you can't make a replay. A horse stance is one of the best ways to start a replay. There are many different variants ad endless possibilities. All horse stances normally consist of at least one extended glute. It would be better if you extended both of them for at least 10 frames. Once you have a nice, balanced postion, you need to find a way to gain momentum. I won't get into that because this is only for openers. Basically, you can click random joints and then shape it into something good. It will take practice, but you'll get it down.

Aikido
There are many different ways to start an aikido match. There are kicks, punches, lifts, decap openers, trips, and probably more that I forgot to mention. I would suggest always contracting both of your pecs in an aikido opener because you're going to want a lot of control on your opponent. If you really want control over your opponent, try to get a grab from the hips to the upper torso. This will make it harder for them to lift you. Also, contracted wrists are very good to use. They give you a grab on te forearm instead of the hand, help you force dq your opponent, and allow for suprise ungrabs. Many people don't like contracted wrists because whatever gives you an advantage makes you cheap or an unfair player. If they tell you that, kick lift or shovel them all the time ;). That's about all I have to say for this.

Wushu
I'm not going to go very in detail to wushu openers partly because there is already a tut for wushu and they aren't very complicated. Wushu openers just need to be safe. You could jump backs little to avoid rush kicks, or you could just stand there and wait for your opponent to go to you. Either way, they aren't tar hard to do. Even clicking random joints works too. Just make sure you don't dq on the first turn. :P

Judo
Judo openers are either comepletely offensive or comepletely defensive. An offensive opener usually consists of a kick and at least one grab. These could do you very well or totally annihilate you. A good kick can get 1 or 2 dms. Now I defensive openers. Defensive openers get you almost no points at all, but almost 100% protect you from kicks. You just need to make the opener comepletely safe and have a good follow up after that first turn. A defensive opener that I like to use is contracting left pecs, right rotating chest, contracting abs, and extending left hip. That should save you from most kicks. Just make sure that you try something with that right arm to and it extra safe.

That's about it. I know I'm missing something, so please tell me or give me tips so I can add them. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Irrita; Dec 28, 2013 at 02:40 PM.
Ryan is Straight {TGS} {Videoer} {Artist} Rip Dog
Originally Posted by Irrita View Post
Single Player
A horse stance is one of the best ways to start a replay. There are many different variants ad endless possibilities. All horse stances normally consist of at least one extended glute. It would be better if you extended both of them for at least 10 frames. Once you have a nice, balanced postion, you need to find a way to gain momentum.

Do NOT base your replays of horse stances.
It's an ok way to practice sparring and basic movement, but that's about all it's good for. It looks bad and is very generic.

I'm also questioning your ability to make ingame tutorials, seeing as you joined this september.
Alright, I'll change that. I wasn't too confident about the single player part anyways. Thanks for telling me. Can you tell me how I should change it? You're one of the best replay makers around, so I'm assuming you could help. Thanks.

I actually joined last December, I just didn't start on the forums until September.
Last edited by Irrita; Dec 28, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Ryan is Straight {TGS} {Videoer} {Artist} Rip Dog
Can you show us at least an example of the horse stance
-----
Like in a Picture
Last edited by Forex; Jan 11, 2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
i agree with jisse never start a opener/replay the gravity is and you might have consistancy because the stance will be wrong.
Duck's little internet assistant
TMM|Aether
Although this is like two years old and the author is highly inactive.
Warning the other users for consistency's sake, please add an appropriate tag from now on-wards. I've added one for you this time. It specifically states in the rules that please use an appropriate tag and nothing like [TuT]
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot