ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Betting UPDATE
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
I had posted this last year I think, maybe earlier, and it wasn't checked out as far as I remember so deciding to post again.

Just a small change in the betting system

When you bet your tc and ping your bet is canceled when your playing or when your just watching a match.
I don't think this is fair when it comes to just watching a match as your
internet may go off and your bet may have won but you don't earn the tc
you would have earned. My idea is to make it so that your bet is not canceled after you ping (if you are NOT playing). This way the player will either win the money or lose it to opposing bets.

This is beneficial towards both sides of a bet, because with the current settings after someone pings and their bet is canceled the opposing bets will not earn tc (as the tc is simply sunk).

So long story short,
Ping bets remain bets rather than being canceled for players that are NOT playing.

Comments or improvments on the idea would be appriciated.

Re posting this from ages ago, mainly because the problem still exists and I saw a few people complaining about it the other day in a bet server.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
That just brings up the whole "force ping thing" again.

Force pings wouldn't effect what he's suggesting.
He's suggesting that when a player "pings", that
their tc isn't sunk, or rather stays in the match
and is dispersed to the winning bets or given back
with profit if the bet is won or without profit if there
are no counters.
I think this is a simple and great idea! I'm not sure
why they sink in the first place. :/
~Supported
Last edited by ThePirateKing; Mar 4, 2014 at 04:42 PM.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I remember being told it wasn't a forced sinking but rather something that just happens because of the ping, though that could be complete bs lol.

Thanks for reading btw.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
I'm not sure, but I might think that it(not sure) already exists.
Because when I was betting a lot earlier, I accidentally quit the game right before the end of the fight, I tried to get back asap, and I was late. I noticed that my tc was more than before, I checked the transaction history, and seemed like I won the bet and got the tc.

If ^ is just luck or something, then there should be the update.
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
I'm not sure, but I might think that it(not sure) already exists.
Because when I was betting a lot earlier, I accidentally quit the game right before the end of the fight, I tried to get back asap, and I was late. I noticed that my tc was more than before, I checked the transaction history, and seemed like I won the bet and got the tc.

If ^ is just luck or something, then there should be the update.

Hmm... Maybe there was a recent update?
I've noticed a few new things that have
been updated fairly recently, like how
you can no longer use colors in Public
servers and how they brought the
commas back to servers when you bet
1,000tc or more and other in-game tc
related matters.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Unless it was recently updated it shouldn't work.
It was the same as usual last week so I don't think it was changed.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
I definitely agree with this. There have been a couple times when someone bet so high and I counted with like 7k and then the person pinged and now I don't get as high earnings and they just lost a ton of TV for no reason. •Supported•