Ranking
Original Post
Matchmaking feedback thread
With 5.0 we've added a new matchmaking feature for more competitive play. The system is still very much in development and I'd like to get community feedback on how we can make it better.

Here are a couple categories of things that have been brought up, to get the conversation started (Feel free to add new things, though):
  • Season length - currently set to 1 month, suggested 3
  • # of games played - currently BO3
  • Calculating global/category rank - currently elo is by mods and I think global rank is an average
  • Appropriate penalty for leaving matchmaking games

Below I'll try to compile the suggestions I receive:
  • Custom win/loss icons (In place of the current x/o)
  • Change selection icons to empty square / checkbox
  • Match history
  • Better notification/confirmation for matchmake

Known issues:
  • Elo penalty is applied to both users - should be fixed in next patch
  • Some users reporting that matchmaking isn't properly connecting them to a private room, instead moving them to a lobby with multiple players queued
  • Matchmaking seems to be selecting grappling regardless of category(s) selected
  • Matchmaking is not pausing while playing a fight
  • Matchmaking sometimes skips replay and goes straight to next fight
  • Grab status persisting between matchmaking fights, even if mod changes to one without grab
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 29, 2016 at 07:44 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
I really like it in the little time I've used it, and now I'm addicted to it.

Oi, maybe you could add a sort of thing where you can select player skill or belts you want to play against.
ナゲット
^^.. I am getting matched to poor yellow-blue belts. No offense. I just don't wanna get matched to a higher belt either.
I don't really see the point it in from what I've seen is matchmaking just joins you to a random server with other people in it you still have to wait to fight what's the point?
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
opponent quit, but i lost elo too :v

big img

-----
also, i thought white square was checked and black unchecked.. was wondering why i kept getting striking mods :r
-----
also, i picked grappling only, and got sumore_v.tbm, which isn't a grappling mod :v
Last edited by ThePirateKing; Mar 3, 2016 at 03:57 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
I really like it in the little time I've used it, and now I'm addicted to it.

Oi, maybe you could add a sort of thing where you can select player skill or belts you want to play against.

Originally Posted by G1cs2d View Post
^^.. I am getting matched to poor yellow-blue belts. No offense. I just don't wanna get matched to a higher belt either.

The way it should work is that as you continue to play you'll start getting matched to players more at your skill level. Those initial games are because the game defaults you to an "average" elo.

Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
I don't really see the point it in from what I've seen is matchmaking just joins you to a random server with other people in it you still have to wait to fight what's the point?

I still have no idea why that's happening to you, can you document it with screenshots or whatever?

Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
opponent quit, but i lost elo too :v

big img

-----
also, i thought white square was checked and black unchecked.. was wondering why i kept getting striking mods :r
-----
also, i picked grappling only, and got sumore_v.tbm, which isn't a grappling mod :v

That's weird, I'll pass it on and see if it's an issue with the quit penalty.
Was planning on asking to have the black square/white square thing replaced with empty square/checkmark instead as that seems a little more intuitive.
Regarding category mods, at the moment I don't believe there's a UI for changing the mods but that should be on the way.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Sure next time it happens i will but from what ive seen match making connects you to a random ranked server with other people in it but it's not a ranked public room it's like a private ranked room it may just be me though and it takes like a hour to get matched
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Also, you could add a closing button to the match making window, I spent like 2 mins trying to minimize it until I realized I had to drag it down all the way.