Ranking
Original Post
Country Code block
I think many people would like to disable their country flag for several reasons.

Solutions I suggest:

option for displaying country code
custom country code(which could be too much)
custom country flag, because why not? this is not real life

Grohenbird Moderated Message:
I have edited your thread to make it much easier to read and to streamline your idea so as not to confuse what you're asking for. You don't have to thank me. -Grohenbird
Last edited by Grohenbird; Nov 9, 2016 at 12:21 PM.
Enjoint life
Sure, let's just help Alts hide themselves even more.
If it's that big of a problem, why not just use a viral proxy network?

Although, with the recent election; I'm not to fond of repping America anyway.

Imo, it's not needed & can be easily resolved via the user themselves if they don't want to display their flag.
The problem is, whenever I use a proxy or something that kinda hides my location it just works at home. So instead of reconnecting with my forum profile in my "hidden" area after I was online at a different location why shouldn't we make this easier ?

I guess there are many people that does not want their country location to be displayed and like me I bet they also do not want to use external solutions to solve something thats internal
Enjoint life
Originally Posted by Apricity View Post
Sure, let's just help Alts hide themselves even more.
If it's that big of a problem, why not just use a viral proxy network?

Although, with the recent election; I'm not to fond of repping America anyway.

Imo, it's not needed & can be easily resolved via the user themselves if they don't want to display their flag.

Wait wait, are you trying to say that a function like changing a flag would stop people using VPNs to hide their identity from hiding their identity with a VPN? Wow, that's a really strange idea. It's totally not the same thing in function.

Seriously though, this doesn't do any harm. So what if people want to remain anonymous on the internet? Is that not what the internet is for?
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
Wait wait, are you trying to say that a function like changing a flag would stop people using VPNs to hide their identity from hiding their identity with a VPN? Wow, that's a really strange idea. It's totally not the same thing in function.

Seriously though, this doesn't do any harm. So what if people want to remain anonymous on the internet? Is that not what the internet is for?

Actually, I said if it's that big of a problem having their flag displayed TO USE. A vpn. I said being able to change your flag would help hide Alts even more, meaning usually you can guess who's playing the alt account based on flag, the way they play and talk, idk. I guess it's just personal preference but in my opinion it's not needed.
VPN does the same thing and is just as easy. There's no reason not to.
I think I might be retired.
You're Proving my point, grohen.

Why waste the devs time with something so easily fixable. I could understand if a majority of people wanted to hide their flags. But... Only a select few do.
I don't see much use for users in trying to hide or change their flags on purpose. However, we received complaints in the past that flag system does not work as intended, and sometimes changes players' flags to nearby counties. This is a bigger issue, which could be fixed by an option to disable or reset player's flag.

If someone could find earlier suggestion(s) on this topic that'd be great.
I haven't seen any player get in bad trouble with their flags being exposed to other players. It really isn't something that big to worry about and can't you just disable your flag in the options?
Problems of flags:
people might not like their country or just the design of their flag.
near country borders they might receive a wrong flag which may let em feel embarrassed.

I experienced much people just not want to be in the same room with me when they noticed my german flag(especially when during a awkward political debate).
German culture nowadays is strange and much europeans have prejudice(which I can understand).

Damn, recently the turkish president had a conflict with a famous german person. When I entered private rooms with a turkish op they were like cyberbullying me(I ain't saying no names or details). And I am not even german!! It was just the flag !!!

Against multiclienting there will still be protection, because the same IP of 2 accounts is marked with a (MC) previous the players name. -We just talk about flag appearance and not the exact location in the database.

All I want is either showing a flag that fits to my real origin, or just disable it.
Not our future but our present is getting globalized, I'm tired of people that judge me because they think I represent germany or whatever.
Enjoint life