Toribash
Original Post
Head
Program: Photoshop CS6

head

Really nice coloring and shading, I dont really like the eyes they are too sharp from the inside looks weird
Mapping seems to be your biggest hurdle atm

-The eyes seem to be looking upwards because of the droopy eyelids.
-The crest on the top is your biggest interest piece, but I think you were a bit conservative with it, being more aggressive with the design, maybe making the curve bigger or extending it more to the sides, it comes across as a bit flat on the sphere. You need to consider the sphere more when designing. Hitting it with harder highlights and shadows etc would have made it really pop.
-the double jawline you added just seems to be filler and lacks shape.

Drawing side, I dunno, that comes with practise, I would probably suggest working less blurry on the highlights, and not just using one brush size for it, mix it up to create interest and be more liberal with your shadows.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I disagree only with the eyes opinion ^. The way they look slightly out and away, gives a disjointed feeling of omnipotence they eylids a sense of wearyness, as if this has gone on for an age. This character takes in more than is infront of him. (I really cant see what you mean by looking up?) Art isnt simply about the aesthetic lines which I'm sure you know as a legend in this aspect.

This guy tells a small story.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
Its the detail in the eye that sways it I think, the pupil/iris shaped things suggest he's looking up.
You mentioned he tells a story and its not just about the lines, but the lines are the medium with which the story is told.

Fixing things wont change the overall feel, one can achieve the same results doing things "correctly"
If it was intentional, then sure, cool and stuff, but letting it become a habit can do more harm than good.
I know because I had the same issues.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Its the detail in the eye that sways it I think, the pupil/iris shaped things suggest he's looking up.
You mentioned he tells a story and its not just about the lines, but the lines are the medium with which the story is told.

Fixing things wont change the overall feel, one can achieve the same results doing things "correctly"
If it was intentional, then sure, cool and stuff, but letting it become a habit can do more harm than good.
I know because I had the same issues.

lol... there is no problem with the eyes bro...

the eyes look dope

like he's in deep thought or something and wise as fuck.

I really like the mapping too.

don't like the shading, needs more highlights + defined dark spots.
I see the eyes as droppy and looking foward.
cool head, really original.

My only complaint is that empty face.

Another Head

Remake

Last edited by Akashi; Nov 11, 2017 at 09:56 PM.
Make the jawline of the OP follow the contours of the rest of the head so they don't look like such an afterthought. Also, shading the brow above the eyes will help give them some direction. They do in fact look like they are looking slightly above the opponent.