Ranking
Original Post
Weppet's new art thread
Hey, it's been a while since I last posted here. I figured I'll post some other works. Critique is much appreciated.

If you are looking to buy my textures, visit my head shop, there might be something for sale.

For every single digital piece I've either used Photoshop, Krita or Procreate.

Pencil/Ink

Anime

Digital Art

Textures

Doodles

Lil bit of 3D stuff

Last edited by WeppetKo; May 30, 2022 at 02:42 PM.
Now that's some godly art there my dude.
I like the fact that you are not limiting yourself to only one specific drawing and painting style, your crosshatching is definitely god-tier, the amount of details you put in your pencil drawings is probably the best part, specially on those xenomorphs or that kaksa drawing, it reminds me of ZHC's art style, the fact that you can keep such consistency with such huge amount of details just scares me, in a good way. There's nothing much to say about your overall style in my opinion, it's wonderful, keep the great job dude.
The only things I think it could get some work, it's your smooth shading (on the T-29 picture for example, I think it lacks some more depth to the surfaces, such as the edges of the helmet, or those fibers (or whatever it is lol) on his neck, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, I just think it could get some work, maybe a few more tones, just to sharpen it a little more, you know?)
The other thing I'd like to talk about is your backgrounds/landscape pictures, (the vulcanic egg ritual picture) I couldn't understand what was really going on, I mean I got the general idea but the picture itself didn't explain too much, could get some refinement, I guess this would be the opposite of that T-29 pic. In this case some blur could do really well there, but not too much so the image won't lose it's essence.
I really enjoyed that reveland mine picture tho, I loved the job you did on the mountains and on the sky, the rough style on the city was really well done, it just made the rest of the pic pop out more, amazing job on that.
Your anime drawings are really good, but I think you should try to develop your own characters a little further or maybe add some more of your own style into them, just like in that Fueguchi Hinami picture, or that Kaneki one. You know, try on some shading or stuff like that.

That's it for now I guess, can't wait to see more of your work dude, keep'em coming!
Never inactive, just slow sometimes.
bulldoboy 4 life <3

Originally Posted by Haku View Post
Now that's some godly art there my dude.
I like the fact that you are not limiting yourself to only one specific drawing and painting style, your crosshatching is definitely god-tier, the amount of details you put in your pencil drawings is probably the best part, specially on those xenomorphs or that kaksa drawing, it reminds me of ZHC's art style, the fact that you can keep such consistency with such huge amount of details just scares me, in a good way. There's nothing much to say about your overall style in my opinion, it's wonderful, keep the great job dude.
The only things I think it could get some work, it's your smooth shading (on the T-29 picture for example, I think it lacks some more depth to the surfaces, such as the edges of the helmet, or those fibers (or whatever it is lol) on his neck, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, I just think it could get some work, maybe a few more tones, just to sharpen it a little more, you know?)
The other thing I'd like to talk about is your backgrounds/landscape pictures, (the vulcanic egg ritual picture) I couldn't understand what was really going on, I mean I got the general idea but the picture itself didn't explain too much, could get some refinement, I guess this would be the opposite of that T-29 pic. In this case some blur could do really well there, but not too much so the image won't lose it's essence.
I really enjoyed that reveland mine picture tho, I loved the job you did on the mountains and on the sky, the rough style on the city was really well done, it just made the rest of the pic pop out more, amazing job on that.
Your anime drawings are really good, but I think you should try to develop your own characters a little further or maybe add some more of your own style into them, just like in that Fueguchi Hinami picture, or that Kaneki one. You know, try on some shading or stuff like that.

That's it for now I guess, can't wait to see more of your work dude, keep'em coming!

Thanks a lot for the useful CnC and for taking your time to write this.

Totally agree on the landscapes paintings, I've basically used only intuition for composition and colors, went bad as expected since I've never studied much in that regard. Also the main thing that stops me from diving into digital art is the frustration that derives from it: slow computer and uncomfortable working position. I started so many drawings that I then scrapped because I knew that I had to start polishing the whole thing. I guess I have much more patience with traditional drawings.

Surprised that you liked Reveland Mine, i really don't like it actually.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Jul 17, 2018 at 07:38 PM.

Mussle Boy

I spent 15 minutes searching for a reference for that hand before realizing that I could just take a picture of my own hands. For the other hand it wasn't a problem since I miscalculated how much space I needed.
WeppetKo I really like your stuff here! All of the xenomorph drawing are really good. Out of everything here i'd have to say the Nothern Lands painting is my favorite. The buildings, the color and lighting are all really cool. Im also a big fan of that specific style of showing the brush strokes and leaving it loose.
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
WeppetKo I really like your stuff here! All of the xenomorph drawing are really good. Out of everything here i'd have to say the Nothern Lands painting is my favorite. The buildings, the color and lighting are all really cool. Im also a big fan of that specific style of showing the brush strokes and leaving it loose.

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. Nothern Lands was actually the first attempt to texturize using external stock photos, you can see it in the sky and on the building for example.

Anatomy #1

This is part of a 4k by 4k pixel image dedicated to anatomy studies. I'll post here some progress from time to time. If I ever manage to complete it, it'll be a pretty big piece, this one is only a small corner.
bruh, your art is superb! I find it amazing that you do portraits to landscape art. I would want to see more digital anime art if you can.

for constructive criticism, I'll say give your landscape paintings a little more blending between the colors so it just doesn't look my simple brush strokes.

really looking forward to more of your art, keep it up!
Originally Posted by chab View Post
bruh, your art is superb! I find it amazing that you do portraits to landscape art. I would want to see more digital anime art if you can.

for constructive criticism, I'll say give your landscape paintings a little more blending between the colors so it just doesn't look my simple brush strokes.

really looking forward to more of your art, keep it up!

Hey Chab, thanks for the comment. I usually like to vary what I draw depending on the artist I'm looking up to in that moment, so I end up trying a lot of stuff. Those brush strikes on landscapes were intentionally left like that because I liked the style (if done well it's gorgeous, but that was my first time so... meh), I might try something different next time though.

A bunch of textures

I'll add some textures including: my very first head texture and the set I made for myself.

Textures

RAGE set

New set made for Sneaky, took over 30 hours of work.

PROGRAM USED: KRITA
Here you go.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Sep 12, 2018 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Tyzi