Toribash
Original Post
The threat of artificial intelligence
I've been thinking about this a lot recently.
One point i've saw on a video is "prioritization", by that meaning let's say you tell a robot to make you coffee or something similar, but there's a child on the floor, one of the following could happen:
  • it could continue, go straight towards the child, eventually causing harm
  • you could prioritize the the child, however then it wouldn't be focused on the task
  • you could add a stop button, however it would try to stop you from pressing it because it needs to complete the task
  • you could prioritize the button, but then it'd press it itself, meaning nothing would get done
so on and so forth. so my point all of this is, what if at some point in the distant or close future, depending how fast technology evolves, we get to the point where robots or AI are at the point where they go through their tasks without actually considering harm to their master/creator, etc.
Originally Posted by Mission View Post
i think youre reading far into the future man.

I like looking into the future though, It's interesting. Considering things like artificial intelligence, how technology will evolve and other things like that.
I'm almost positive a robot that can fetch coffee will have a Collision Detection built into it. Prioritization can easily be bypassed.
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
I'm almost positive a robot that can fetch coffee will have a Collision Detection built into it. Prioritization can easily be bypassed.

With collision detection yes, for this case, but that's one case out of many that could cause some type of threat.
Threat of what exactly? Programmers know what they'll be doing. The only people that are cautious about it is non-programmers.
Threat of what exactly? Programmers know what they'll be doing. The only people that are cautious about it is non-programmers.

My guy I am one lol.

My point is there is a possibility (as there is with anything really) that doing something can come with risks, my point is there is a chance those risks can become to great.

there are many things that could happen acually,
if working for a long time overheat may cause some parts to stop working properly and could cause problems.
if the code is corrupted or the machine stopped reading it for some reason (overheat for example) that'll be a mess.
lets not forget that everyday new things are changed and added so it'll be a hassle to keep releasing updates for these machines everyday, it also take time so if the machine is encountering a situation that its not programmed to deal with that will also cause problems.
there might be other things but idk.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
My guy I am one lol.

I was summoned to say this is fake news.
I, for one, would welcome our new A.I. overlords.

(as long as they are in the form of qt anime girls)
retired