Ranking
Original Post
Local Moderator Applications
Hi guys;

Here's where you can apply to moderate a specific forum. Go ahead and post your applications right on the thread.

PLEASE NOTE:
- THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION TO BE A GLOBAL MOD/INGAME MODERATOR.
- PLAGIARISM OF OTHER PEOPLE'S APPLICATIONS IS PROHIBITED.
- IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN REGARDING AN APPLICANT, PM AN ALPHA TEAM MEMBER. ANY POSTS THAT ARE NOT APPLICATIONS WILL BE INFRACTED, AND FLAMERS WILL BE BANNED.

That said,

-----

Local Moderator Application

Please answer all questions as truthfully as possible, in your best English. We will ignore any applications that were obviously not well thought-out or taken seriously.

1. How old are you?

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day?

5. Which board would you like to moderate?

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board?

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?

8. How well do you think you are known/liked in the Toribash community?

9. If there is anything else that you think we should know, please put it here.

-----

If you'd like to vouch for an applicant, feel free to PM me with your comments or recommendations regarding them.

If I receive PMs that are obviously spam OR multiaccounting, they will be ignored and the applicant may be turned down.
Last edited by hanz0; Jan 23, 2009 at 01:54 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
1. How old are you?

15. 16 in less than a month.

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?

a) Since 26th of November 2007. b) Not really sure, probably around Jan/Feb of 08.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

a) GMT+10. b) When school goes back, 4pm - 11pm or around that. Right now it's the holidays, so it could be any time at all depending on my sleep paterns.

Pretty much all the time I'm on the internet I'll have a tab or three open of the forums.

Events and elerk, mainly Rapid Threads/Wibbles.

Because there doesn't seem to be a moderator there and I think it would all run much more smoothly if there was somebody to help clean up messy topics and such in events. elerk because it seems like half the threads being made in discussion are going there and I'd like to help clean it up. It's quite messy.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?

No.

I think I'm pretty well known, and surely I'm loved by all.

Nah.
Last edited by Tre; Jan 23, 2009 at 08:09 PM.
Tre!
1. How old are you?

I've been playing toribash for a little under two years, but only active on the forums for about a year.

I live in standard mountain time. GMT -7 I believe. And I'm generally active anywhere throughout the afternoon.

Each day I spend about two hours to 5 hours, sometimes more on the weekends.

I would like to moderate the art/textures requests board, or just all of art/textures. My second choice would be Events or support.

For the requests, I notice i am always lurking around there, which gives me a good idea of what is going on. I have noticed events have been getting a little sketchy, and I roam that board quite frequently. Also, I alwasy feel the need to help people in support, but I always have the fear of back seat moderating, and if i could mod that board, It would solve my problem, and others.

I have been a moderator of an RPG game that was not very popular, Chaos theory, I basically kept everything in order in a third of the game/forum. I feel I did pretty well, but at some times i puleld the ban hammer out too quickly. And I left because the game sort of died.

I used to be known and liked very well, but I gave my account away for about 8 months, and the person who had my account really dragged my name through the mud.

Not that I know of.
Last edited by Megadoomer; Jan 23, 2009 at 01:25 AM.
1. How old are you:20 turned 20 today :x

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?: beggining of 2008 of january i beleive b.) How long have you been active on the forums?:uhm? i beleive a since i began toribash

3. a.) What timezone do you live in?:GMT- b.) At what times of day are you generally active:atleast 5-7 hours a day

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day 2-4 hours

5. Which board would you like to moderate:market-request

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board:to help confused people and maybe help people in need of items and such

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so:N/A

8. How well do you think you are known/liked in the Toribash community:uhm :9 i can say im pretty liked and unliked at the same time but i try to make more freinds then enemys

9. If there is anything else that you think we should know, please put it here: :0 no nothing else :] if there is more you wish to know you may ask so
Last edited by nevil; Jan 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM.
1. I am 15

2. a.) since last may b.) Depends on how you define " active" I don't post much, but I read them very frequently, and about 2 weeks in I became interested in the forums.

3. a.) GMT -7 b.) I can't really measure it like that. I spend almost all of my free time on the computer, during which I do several things, including tb forums.

4.I try to keep up with posts, sometimes it's slow so I don't spend as much time on it.

5. The game

6. I think the game is organized in a strange way, and that what it's for isn't really clear, I'd like to fix that. It would be really nice if the game board became the place for things about ingame stuff, since right now it's mostly a replay dump, and suggestions is where ideas go to be ignored.
( not mentioning org boards or book of records because orgs seem to be self-moderated, and I like how book of records is run)
7. Yes a.) as a member of the promoteam I manage tournaments b.) I think I need to work on being friendlier with people c.) still working with them

8. Pretty well? I don't know really.

9. Nope none
Last edited by srrwb; Jan 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM.
<FeD> i will allow my ass being raped
How old are you?
1. I am thirteen years old.

How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?
2. I have been playing Toribash since October, 2007, and have been active on the forums since December of that year.
What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?
3. I live in the Eastern US, which is -5 GMT. I am active from around 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM Eastern time.
How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day?
4. Generally every time I am online, which varies by day.
Which board would you like to moderate?
5. "The Game" board.
Why are you interested in moderating said board?
6. I used to make a lot of replays, and sometimes I reviewed them. Often, threads didn't follow the rules of this post. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=1205
I want to change that.
Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?
7. I currently moderate the "Book of Records" board in "The Game" section. I'm also an in game admin I think I do my job well. I have to make an ethical decision almost every time I see a post. Is it good enough? Does it break the record fairly? Did the user edit it? It potentially leads to arguments. I also quickly respond to things, and I know how everything works.
How well do you think you are known/liked in the Toribash community?
8. I am known somewhat well in the community. I am active on the IRC, and I play a lot online. I am liked by some over others, as I do like to argue.
If there is anything else that you think we should know, please put it here.
9. I was once the user "ReaperZRyan," aka, "Redskins82." This accounts for the period of time between October 28 and February 24 when I started the BlackBear account. I posted reguarly as ReaperZRyan up until I got bored with him, and switched to the BlackBear account to get a fresh start.
[17:02] <Homer> anyone up for some tb?
01[17:09] <BlackBear> No.
[17:12] <Homer> >.>
[17:13] <Dafe> TB is what killed Doc Holiday.
Originally Posted by srrwb View Post
5. The game

Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
- THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION TO BE A GLOBAL MOD/INGAME MODERATOR.

read rules pls

The board "The Game" you fool.
edit: mistakes are mistakes geeze and how did i post 2 posts?
Last edited by nevil; Jan 23, 2009 at 12:38 AM.
1. How old are you?
17 goin on 18
A. Nearly 2 years ;)
B. Nearly 2 years

A. GMT -6
B. 4:30-6:00 pm or 8:00-11:00
4 hours~ when not camping, or skiing
Suggestions, wibbles, or market (Market my #1)
I'd like to help the community further than my PT and TA posistion. As a plus I think I understand the market a little more than the average player, and would like to apply that knowledge to mod the board.
A. I've been TA for nearly a year and a half or so?
B. Pretty nicely, only time I specifically remember messing up was on hanz0 as a noob
Pretty well known, and liked
9. If there is anything else that you think we should know, please put it here
Last edited by ravenger; Jan 23, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
1. How old are you?

a) since 08-07-2008
b) since 06-07-2008

a) GMT+8
b) 5:30 am -> 11pm

more than 17 hours

Debate forum

I would also be interested in modering some of the other boards i vist, such as the elerk boards, and the other general boards.

I noticed Junt hasnt been as active in there as usual, and its gotten a bit dodgey.
I can help clean things up, and stop flaming.
I spend most of my time there anyway, so why not clean up whille im there.

a) Global moderator of a warcraft modding clan EFTW (5000+ members), so i had to do usual moderator duties, recently i have become a moderator of enfomt.com, where once again i just have to keep the forum clean, and make sure people follow the rules. Also i handled other parts of the Clan, such as bot servers and our clan listing, aswell as map development and testing.
b) Pretty well, i hardly get complaints, and when i do i act upon them straight away to fix the situation and improve as best i can.
c) the modding clan collapsed, enfomt is still running fine ^_^

Moderatley well know, i think most people have seen at least a few of my posts, and i think im liked by most, except a few, and a couple of mods.

In a month or so i will probably be reduced to 8-12 forum time a day :P

Apart from that, i know ive got into trouble with some mods before, however most of the incidents were worked out, so i dont think they have anything against me now, except maybe a general dislike.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
2Bash's Application
1. How old are you?

I am Sixteen.

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash?

I have been playing toribash for nearly two years. I joined 07/05/07. I started off in single player to get the hang of things and see how it works. I then started playing online a week or two later.

b.) How long have you been active on the forums?

My first post was a week after my join date and I've kept a regular activity within the forum since. My first posts appeared in the market section, answering requests for signatures and avatars. I made a shop for signatures, avatars, destop backgrounds, etc. which was fairly popular I would say. Selling at cheap prices and good quality art brung in some attention.

3. a.) What timezone do you live in?

GMT 0.
I live in the United Kingdom.

b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

Monday, Wednesday and Friday:
16:30 - 18:30
22:00 - 00:00
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday:
14:30 - 18:30
22:00 - 01:30

(I would try to be online for longer but it's fairly hard when I am attending college and in a relationship.)

My homepage on internet explorer is ToriSpy, so the first thing I do is check the forums for new posts. I have toribash open and play online while the new posts page is active and visible.

To answer the question: Same times as above.

I would like to mod Clan Discussion or the Market (items) board.

Clan Discussion:

I realise that many mods are busy and members have a hard time dealing with this. Patience isn't a common thing around here but if I was in charge, patience wouldn't be required. If anyone had problems or confussion occured, this would be well managed and dealt with straight away.

Market (Items):

The size and popularity of this board and the amount of moderators assigned do not balance. As of that, the main reason for wanting to mod this is to help out the other mods. Also, as said above with clan discussion, this board would be well managed and things would be dealt with immediately.

I also have a general interest in both these boards which adds to the activity.

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users?

a.) What were your responsibilities?

I suppose my responsibilities are modding the Hybrid board, which hasn't been a hard thing because it is rather new. I would generally manage it and keep it organised. I am looking forward to when the clan gets more popular and the board receives some attention.

b.) How well do you think you did your job?

I think I am currently doing my job well becayuse it is well-organised and controlled. I would imagine others would say so too.

I think I am fairly well-known I guess, and I would imagine many like me. I certainly do try to be liked. I always try to help out people and just generally be nice and cool about things. ;)

I hope I get somewhere with this because I enjoy controlling and managing things. I am very well-organised and professional-like. I think that's all that needs to be said. If you need to know anything, then you may PM me, or find me on IRC. ;)

Thanks,
Garry.

I edited this. If all are reviewed at the end, then it doesn't matter but if applications were saved after post or something like that, this will be different. I hope you understand what I mean. =P
Last edited by crux; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:51 PM.