Toribash
Original Post
[Shortcut]DM a limb by pressure
First off.
DM=Dismemberment.
If you didnt know.

And i realise that there are many ways to DM people.
Some being easy and some being quite the opposite.

This is one of the ways that almost always works but it is a little hard to complete in some circumstances.

Although it can be quite easy in some other circumstances.

This is where one of your opponents limbs is already under a medium to large amount of pressure before you do anything to try and DM it.

This may be holding on to you, An object, Or is being bent.

This also works better if the limb is already fractured but that is optional.

As it is on a surplus amount of pressure you quickly add a huge amount of pressure on it.

This may be by grabbing, hitting, kicking, smashing, or throwing it. This may work by letting go of it but that does not work as well.

---------------------------

One of the most common times this happens is if your opponent decides to grab you.

Now i will tell you what to do in this situation.

FIRST: You try and pull the arm as far away from his body as possible.

NEXT: Try to bring your arm or leg close to the shoulder of that specific arm.

THEN: Either grab the shoulder or hit it with a decent amount of force.

This will usually bring the limb right off of the body.

I find grabbing the shoulder to be most effective when you contract your wrist because that is a great amount of pressure you are putting on the shoulder which usually forces it off in a quick motion.

I have put together a picture for this specific occasion.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rw6kas.png
It may be a little difficult to see but what happened in this match was: He grabbed my foot and tried to pull me over. I quickly withdrew my leg behind me forcing his arm to outstretch and forced pressure onto his shoulder and trying to pry it off of him. I then brought my opposite arm and then i contracted my wrist + grabbed his shoulder and raised my shoulder. The next thing i new his arm smashed into the ground and i won. This is a great example of this specific try but it is not the only way.

----------------------------------

One of the other common ways is when you are either freerunning or playing a mod with climbing or fighting on grabbable terrain. As he is climbing he is putting a decent amount of pressure on his arms because he is lifting himself up and it is exerting all of the pressure onto his arms. You just need to hit his shoulders or elbows and they will most likeley DM.

-----------------------------------

One other thing that can happen is if you are holding onto a sword and you extend your wrist, the hilt of the sword may dig into your elbow and cause your elbow and wrist to fly off carrying the sword with it. This sucks because now you have no hand and no sword. This is an example of an accidental pressure DM that can be devastating to the match because it causes you to lose your weapon and a hand. This one was inflicted on yourself but can also be used against the opponent if you use it correctly.

-----------------------------------

Some of these strategies can be used against Uke in a SP replay. If he is gripping a sword, then go for that arm because more pressure is being exerted on it. This will help with DMs and such.

---------------------------------

I hope that this tutorial will help your ingame performance and your replay making.

Thank you for reading.
There's plenty of tutorials in how to hit, how to win, etc.

This isn't needed.

Sorry.